Thursday, July 22, 2010

So many momentous occassions!

One of the things I have the most trouble with when making cards is the layout of the card.   For some reason I feel that they are all the same, or similar enough.  It might also be because I am stingy, I don't want to use my DSP most of the time.  I love it so much that I want to wait for just the right project, meanwhile, it piles up and gets used after it retires, there isn't more available if I do have a big project or never at all.  So sad to be so stingy.  My goal for the next few weeks it to use up my paper! 

Another way I deal with this  is to I spend some time surfing and looking for card sketch challenges online.  I have a little book that I use to draw some of the sketches I really like so I can go back to them if I am stumped. I also carry it around with me in my purse (yes among the 15,000 other things in there), just in case I have some inspiration of my own.

This first card today is for a friend who is pregnant.  They have been trying for quite some time with no luck and eventually tried IVF with success.  So this is a super big deal and I wanted to make it extra special, so dug out some lovely paper I had been hoarding in a drawer somewhere.   I also added another special little touch.  My other good friend Julie, who just had her baby boy Alexander last weekend at 11 lb 3 oz- whoa!(CONGRATS!), had used the retired SU! set She's All That on her shower invites several months ago with this sage color behind with the scallop edge punch.  I can't keep everything, but I kept it that part of the invite for another special occassion.  Well here it is, I am passing that image from one mom friend to another on this card, a fun way to reduce, reuse, recycle! :)
I made this card using a sketch from ICsketches (Inspirational Card Sketches).  Here is the sketch I was working from, I simply flipped it over. :)  (I seem to have issue with doing things from right to left, something about that rule about reading I guess, things go from left to right. 
One other thing I wanted to share with you today is a sneak peak for a birthday card for my girlfriend Ana.  She reads this blog sometimes so I don't want to give things away, but I thought a little teaser might be fun- insert evil grin.
So much good news out there, babies, pregnancies and birthdays- congrats to you all!  I feel priviledged to share these momentous occassions with you!

Thanks for stopping by today!  If you have any encouraging comments I'd be delighted to hear them!

 

3 comments:

Dianna said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at ICS this week!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful card! Love your colours and details!

Jackie said...

A beautiful card for a very special celebration. Thanks for joining us at ICS this week. :)