Thursday, October 14, 2010

Getting my grump on....





Unfortunately, this afternoon I am getting my grump on.  Not sure why.  Maybe I am just gearing up for Halloween, I hadn't planned a costume, but I see a witch in my future.... :)  Seriously though, I came here and thought that my little blog might cheer me up. Hello little blog, it has been a while. 

So lets talk ghouls and goblins.  I don't think I have ever been a huge halloween fan as an adult.  I mean of course I liked it as a kid as any kid who loves candy does, but as I got a little older I thought much less of it. 

However, since my Soph's came, I have been much more interested in the holiday.  One reason is likely that her birthday falls just a few days after Halloween but I think it is also just soooo fun to dress her up.  I just love seeing how happy she gets when she picks out her "special pumpkin" or picks what she wants to dress up as for the holiday. I have also discovered, that after Christmas, this is my second favorite holiday to decorate the house for.  Not sure why, maybe it is the fun combo of colors that really pop, but it so fun.

In the last few weeks I have been working on a decoration of my own for the house.  It is an accordian album of last halloween.  Soph and her friend dressed up and trick or treating as well as the trip to the pumpkin patch.  It was fun to make and is even more fun to look at.  Here are the accordian pages one by one, front and back.....but....my camera battery is dead, :(  How about I post those tomorrow...



Grumpily Yours,


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ACK! Sooo cute!!!

Libby Hickson said...

This album is SO FREAKIN' CUTE - impossible to be grumpy when looking at it! ;-)