Friday, January 25, 2013

Have you ever...

...walked into a craft store with no intentions of buying, you are just there to peak, but something grabs eye and you just HAVE to have it?!  It happens to me all the time!  I honestly go in there just to look but there are always a couple of things that just call to me..."Katie, Katie...you know you want me!"  LOL!  Well recently I was at one of my locals and I found this sheet of DP with arrows on it and that was it!  I bought it...among a few other things.  I couldn't wait to get that piece of paper home and make a few cards out of it.

What you have here is a result of that impulse purchase (with some paper left over).  Forgive me as I don't have the brand of paper on my mind at the moment.  These two cards were so fun to make!  they are light and bright and make me feel like a kid again!

The first card is using Lawn Fawn's A Birdie Told Me stamp set and captures both sides of the DP. And don't worry, the sentiment inside the bubble isn't a expletive. :)  On the inside I wrote "TRANSLATION" and stamped the sentiment thanks underneath.  I thought this was pretty fun and enjoyed using this set.  For both cards I also busted out this older punch from Stampin' Up!  I love the arrows, they are so trendy right now and are a perfect complimentary feature to the paper.

The second card also uses a retired SU! set with these fun robots in it.  Again, I can't remember the name, but I'll try to post it later. I love that sentiment that goes with it and the little nuts and bolts on the side.  It would make a great boys birthday party ensemble if you had time time to create cupcake toppers and other stuff.

So that is about it.  Hopefully you've enjoyed today's cards and feel a little inspired yourself to do some creating, or even some impulse buying! ;)

3 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! NOW I want that paper!!! LOVE those arrows! FUN!

LOVE both cards--esp. that little birdie's speech bubble! YOU ROCK:)

Lisa Arana said...

Soooo fun!!! I love all the movement in the cards and the fabulous happy colors. What a great find!

Annette Allen said...

oh this is too fabulous..