Saturday, February 9, 2013

Love Song




This week I was inspired to play the Clean and Simple Challenge (CAS) over at CAS-ual Fridays.  This was fun for me because most of my cards aren't CAS, they are usually busy and focus on the stamped image.  BUT, this time I didn't even stamp!  I know, I can't believe it myself, but here it is, a little DP, some chipboard and glitter, stickers, stickles and twine.  WA-LAH!  The challenge, #89, over there was Love Song.  I had a song from the Proclaimers pop in my head- "I Would Walk 500 Miles"...do you know this one?  Are you humming along with it?  "...Just to be the one to fall down at your door-or-or!  La-lala."  I think that is such a fun way to come up with a card!  They recently did this for one of the Paper Crafts mags issues, I knew I wanted to try it.  What new challenge or technique are you trying to stretch your boundaries this weekend?

Thanks for stopping!

3 comments:

Virginia L. said...

AWESOME CAS card, Katie! You make it look EASY! I love your use of pattern paper and glittery hearts! The composition is perfectly balanced! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays! There is a CAS card maker in you :)

Dana said...

First of all, your card is so cool Katie! That PP is perfect with the twine and the sentiment.
Secondly, I LOVE THAT SONG!!! It's been a favorite of mine since I saw the movie Benny and Joon in high school.
I'm so glad you joined us for CAS-ual Friday's this week:)

Norma Gomez said...

Hi Katie! Super cute card & yes, I was totally humming, lol!!