Friday, March 22, 2013

Mr. Merle the Dauschund

They say you are either a dog person or a cat person.  If I had to choose, I'd go with cats, mainly because they are more self sufficient...which leave me more time for stamping!!  Dogs are cute too though, I have ot admit.  I a I had a good friend in my college years who had a dog and a cat, but she was really a dog person.  She had the funniest Dauschund named Merle.  They were both very eccentric and quite the pair!  I can't say I particularly like a dauschund's over other dogs, but I'll tell you what, they are ADORABLE as puppies!  I mean look at this face!!!!!!!!!  So very darling and sweet!  Which brings me to today's card....
 
This card has a blend of stamps from two of my most favorite stamp companies.  Now stop me if I have told you this before...but I LOVE Paper Smooches and Lawn Fawn Stamps!!!  Sooo... as you can see this card features a dauschund from the Woofers & Tweeters set (PS) as well as some bones, which I place in an hole in the ground made from an oval punch (super easy!) and fun sentiment "I dig you!"  The word bubble is from the LF set A Little Birdie Told Me.  I incorporated colors from the current Challenge over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog and some faux stitching for the Lawnscaping Challenge Blog. 
 
So what do you think?  I hope you like and leave me some loving comments, they always make me so happy! :)  I'll leave you with this fun song, Dixie the Tiny Dog.  I first heard a version of it sung by Mason Jennings, it was extremely hard to find but I found this video of a cute dog with it playing in the background.  Enjoy!


5 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER SUPER cute! I LOOOOOOVE the flower button and the faux stitching! LOOOOOOOOOVE the idea of the pup putting bones in the hole!!! CLEVER!!! SUPER adorable card:)

THANKS so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! You rock!

Chris Dring said...

Love your card! Having your dog digging a hole to hide his bones? Brilliant!

MS said...

so cute! thanks for playing with us at lawnscaping!

Misty said...

Sweet Card, love the sentiment.

Crafty Math Chick said...

This is adorable! From a fellow doxie lover...