Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Thinking forward + Liebster Award

As the weather turns to spring, my family and I are thinking about camping this summer and a possible trip to Yellowstone. So exciting!!!!   I hope this happens as I know my daughter (and the rest of us) would love it so much!  The animals and geysers, hiking and fishing, all of it.  Here is a card I made in the spirit of hoping that does happen!




Also, I wanted to share with you a wonderful, wonderful award I got from my sweet friend Kimberly the other day.  She has the biggest heart! I am so tickled that she would pass that love on to me. :)   THANK YOU Kimberly!



Liebster Award is nominated for bloggers that you admire, 
it is all about perusing blogs, betting to know crafty new friends for 
bloggers that have less than 200 followers.

This award is all about getting to know new crafty friends and perusing their blogs for new ideas and to get your mojo into high gear.
Part of the process is to answer a few questions about yourself, then to select a few blogs I visit and nominate them (thus ...... paying it forward ).

I was asked to answer these questions:


1.  The three supplies you use most?

Basic Black ink from SU!, snips for cutting and Fiskars paper trimmer

2. How long have you been making cards?

Started way back in 2007 maybe but got more serious about it in the last few years.  There are so many amazing products to try...and of course I want them all! :)

3. What do you do with all the cards you make?

Send them to friends, family and give them to co-workers.  Some folks at work want to buy some so I am all for that- hello coffee fund!

4. What is your favorite technique when making cards?

I love to stamp and then color!!!  Pencils, markers, water coloring, you name it.

5.  What are your favorite color combos to use?

Anything bright and cheery.

6.  How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to do so?

Maybe a year after I started stamping, wasn't always into that either.  As my love of card making (and product using) grows so does my love for blogging.  i want to share with others and be inspired by them- an inspiration exchange.  I LOVE playing challenges too!

7.  How does your family handle your habit?

Totally supportive!  My husband loves that I have something I like.  ....and I believe my wee little daughter will be following in my footsteps. (Lucky dad!- lol!)

_______________________________________________________________________

My turn to nominate some fabo bloggers that are worth checking out!  With out further ado- 

Evelyn- My little Craft Blog-   Ingenious creations and a master with the Cricut!

Migdalia- Crafting with Creative M- This girl is on many DTs and posts wonderful creations like crazy!

Nicole Picadura- Scraps and Stamps- She has amazing CAS creations!

Ren Yi- Small handed adventures- This coordinator extraordinaire makes wonderful creations and is a big sweetheart!

Dannielle Robeson- {Made In} apt 14- Super stamper with a lot of style!

Noelle McAdams- Paper and Ice- She rocks The Cat's Pajama products like nobody's business.  

Nominees: Should you choose to accept this award, please answer the same questions as above. Just copy and paste into your post and type over my answers.

This award is about Paying it Forward to bloggers with a following of less than 300. It's a great way to thank those that came before you and help others attain more crafty friends/followers.
To learn about how you except the award and pass it on click here.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww! Thanks so much, Katie! I will do my post tomorrow :) Love it, I'm honored!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Woot woot for the Leibster!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

And this is for the cute card, I LOVE it!!!!! I always wanted to go to Yellowstone, we went to Yosemite a few years back and loved it!!!!

Yellowstone would be AWESOME!!!!!
This year we go to the Oregon Coast for a full week!!! 4 days with 2 other couples and one couples 2 kids, and then 4 days up the coast just us 3... I LOVE looking forward to it!

Hooray for looking forward to vacations!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on your Liebster Katie!! Your card is so cute, LOVE that sweet little fox!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Congrats Katie on your Leibster! Your card is so fantastic, great dp! We went camping at Yellowstone with the kids in 2009, oh I would love to go back again!

~amy~ said...

Congrats!!!!!! Love your foxy card! Vaca plans sound awesome!

Migdalia said...

Congrats to you my friend!!!
A Totally cute fox card...Love it!!
I saw your FB post and just LOVED it!!
You completely made me smile and I smiled all day. Thank you so much. It is truly a honor.
I will have a post up this week and will tag you on FB.
Have a wonderful day my friend,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the Liebster award. That was very sweet of you!
Hopefully, I'll have time this weekend to do my post!!
Thanks again!
Evelyn

cm said...

Super congrats on the Liebster; more than well-deserved! Such interesting answers, and your selection of nominees is great. I know you've made their day sparkle with this award! Your card: so delightful! Hope your trip comes to fruition. We haven't been to Yellowstone, but 'kind of' close, when we went to Bozeman. A super cute little city!
c