Saturday, July 18, 2015

Here for you....

Just a quick post.  I have been missing the Colour Me card challenge DT, so thought I'd play this week and link up.  Here is the inspiration:
Such fun colors and the pic is amazing!  Love the thought of being somewhere tropical and watching the flamingos!


My card is not quite as lighthearted as the photo, but I hope that it lifts someone special up.  I am sending this to my Uncle, who is having surgery in a few days to hopefully remove cancer.  Please send him good vibes!  He is such a stoic man and doesn't complain or ask for help, so I am asking for him.  For my Aunt too, who supports him through his trials.  



This card is made with a Terrarium stamp from the PaperSource.  I colored it with my Copics and mounted it on some old SU! DP.  The sentiment from Impression Obsession is so touching, I couldn't resist when I saw it at my local scrapbook store, so snatched it right up.  I am so glad I did, this is the perfect occasion to use it.  I used a Paper Smooches die for the fram and tied some ribbon around the inside DP from Amuse.  Finally I added the bright and sparkly sequins from Neat and Tangled for a little extra kick.  The bright shiny touch makes me think that hope is on the horizon.

That's all, thank you for stopping today and sending my family good vibes.  Don't forget to head over to Colour Me to check out what is going on there!

8 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

OMG, This is the COOLEST card, I LOVE>>>LOVE>>>LOVE it!!!!
(SMITTEN) absolutely terrific, COOLEST EVER!!!! ......LOVE that stamp, I have not used mine yet.... but this, is far better what I could do!!!
YOU = AMAZING!!

Antonia said...

Hi Katie,
Your aunt and uncle will be very happy with your beautiful card! I hope your uncle is feeling better. The little terrarium is so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Colour Me...!
Hugs, Antonia

~amy~ said...

He'll love it...I have that same stamp and thank you for the inspiration!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Lisa Elton said...

Your uncle will appreciate the love that went into this, it's wonderful Katie!

Jinny Newlin said...

I wouldn't have been able to resist that sentiment, either... Great font, and the perfect wish! Such a beautiful card for your Uncle! Sending happy thoughts and prayers his way! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Colour Me...!

Julia said...

Katie this card is so awesome! That little terrarium is just so wonderful and delightful! Yay! I'm so glad to see you playing along. I miss you! :) Julia

wienerhoneymooners said...

BRILLIANT...Cant stop coming back to look at this!