Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Wonderful World

Are you ready for some absolutely adorable inspiration?!  Let's hope so, cause I have it RIGHT HERE!


If that sneak peak wasn't enough to get you squealing, check out the full reveal....



This card was created by starting with these absolutely darling turtles from Pink and Main, they had me at first sight; I knew I would own them.  I colored them, and adored them, and cut them out and adored them some more.  I figured they needed an ocean setting, so cut some watercolor paper with my Avery Elle die and set to adding color with my Spectruim Noir sparkle pens.  I intentionally left a section white so I could add the sentiment from Hero Arts.  I found a small circle stamp from another stamp set, I believe it was a Simon Says set, and stamped them here and there once my watercolor was dry.  I mounted my turtles and came back in to add highlights.  Lastly I mounted it on blue and then white cardstock for the finish.   (Ignore my poor adhesive job in the upper right- doh!)

Curious minds want to know.... when you create, you start with inspiration idea, or an image or stamp, or have a layout you want to use?

Entering this into:
Simon Say Stamps Wednesday Challenge- anything goes


3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Aren't they an adorable pair, this is cute Katie!

Jennifer D said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim Hamilton said...

I love sea turtles so much! Great card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)