Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Tiki Bar

Happy Wednesday!  I hope you are having a good week!  

I have a fun card to share today.  I had so much fun making it and was thinking of the hot landscape, like the desert, and Dia de los Muertos. 

Ack, my picture is crooked at the top!  Oh well. 


I made this card by stamping and coloring elements from two Avery Elle Sets, Llamazing and Market Stand.  I colored them using my Copics.  I wanted the banner across the top to look like a mexican Picado Banner, so I chose the colors accordingly and used a pen to create a little decor on them.  The background is made with distress inks.  You'll notice I cut out a series of receding circles with my Lawn Fawn circle die.  The top layer is embossed using a Crafter's Companion Embossing folder that I though looked like the print from a Picado Banner.  I put all the layers together and wahlah!




It is very fortuitous that I would share this card since we are going on a trip to Mexico in the near future.  Guaranteed that I will be at the bar (tiki or not) having a cocktail and enjoying the sun and sand.

Thanks for visiting, hope you like the card!

Entering this into:

Addicted to Stamps & More- Anything Goes






2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh, how CUTE is this!

Julie B said...

Such a cute little scene, enjoy your holidays in Mexico too.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)