Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Finding my mojo

My friend was in town over the weekend- KK from MN (love you girl!)- we had a lot of fun bustling about town and doing some local activities. Anyone love muppets and/Sesame Street?! KK & I do! Well we went to the Science Fiction in Seattle to see the Jim Henson exhibit. It was crowded and hard to see much since my Soaps (my daughter) didn't want to be real agreeable and stay with us, but it was still cool. All of us really enjoyed the muppet stage where the kids got to play with the muppets and create a rock band. Soaps probably could have sat there for hours! Anyway (and I'll get to the card in a minute) here are the muppets performing and the yummy cupcakes we ate afterwards. :)



Yum, cupcakes! Isn't she cute?!



The point, other than cuteness, is that I sorta got out of the groove over the weekend and lost my mojo. I was having a hard time getting motivated to create the last few days. Last night I was determined to make something so I used a recent MojoMonday sketch to fire myself up. The funny part about that is that I didn't even realize the correlation between me loosing my mojo and using a mojo monday sketch- but it worked! Magic happened and I made card- whoo-hooo! Here's the card and sketch:




Supplies:

Stamps- Falling Leaves (set I won at convention!!!)

Paper- Real Red & Kraft CS, Autumn Traditions and Thouroughly Modern DSP

Ink- Versamark, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa & Real Red (markers for last two)

Accessories: Top note die, scallop edge punch, clear buttons, 1/2" circle punch, 1/4" real red grossgrain ribbon, linen thread, 3/4" polka dot real red grossgrain ribbon

2 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Julee's sketch's are great for getting your Mojo going, I know it works for me! Awesome work on the sketch.

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow, it worked! Your card is awesome! And your daughter is getting cuter and cuter!