Friday, May 17, 2013

Can you taste it?

BLOG CANDY POST is below, scroll down or click here-

Have you experienced wanting something soooooo very much that we can taste it?  Dumb question, I am sure you have, I am sure everyone has.  In fact, find me a person who hasn't experienced that and I'll be so suprised I'll buy you a coffee or something.  I am currently in that phase with my cards.  I really, really, REALLY want to be on a design team for a company, blog and/or be published in a magazine.  It is just a goal along the way, something to stive for that gives my card making a little competative edge and motivates me a little more.  Well I never thought I would get there...and truthfully I haven't yet, now maybe I won't, but I like to think I WILL.  I actually believe it too! :)  Maybe it won't be today or tomorrow, but if I keep trying it will happen.  Are you with me?!

In the past I didn't have enough confidence to submit to magazine calls or anything like that but something changed.  I don't know what it was that made me think again or what triggered this, but it happened and I am so glad.  I've always had fun making things and cards and sharing them with others, and  that hasn't changed either.  I guess maybe now I am just more committed and am making time for myself (post work, post kid, post hubby, post school, post autoimmune disease, etc.) to make it happen.  Yay for me time!

Anyway, I know that was a little heavy for a Friday, but I had to share.  Now onto the good stuff.  Which are some cards for challenges and submissions for a couple of DT calls for my FAVORITE stamping companies!  Have I mentioned how much I love Paper Smooches and Lawn Fawn stamps (in no particular order here- they are equally loved for different reasons)?!  Probably only about 769 times!  Well being part of their challenge blog Design Teams would be so freakin' fabulous I can barely stand it!  Here are a couple of cards I hope they will consider!  And...I'll be posting more in the days to come so please think good thoughts for me.

Based on the horizontal version of this sketch.  I used a lot of paper piecing for this card.  Sets used are: Smarty Patns, Spring Groves and Vegtastic.


I used the masking technique for the flowers on this, haven't tried this too much in the past, but I am at a place where I love it!  The sets I used are Cruising Through Life, Botanical Bliss and some flowers from Gnome Sweet Gnome.

BTW- Did I mention how much I am also loving the wood chip accents from Freckled Fawn and Studio Calico.  I've used them on almost every card of late.  I don't know if I'll ever get tired of them.  LOVE!  Thanks Amy Tsuruta for helping me locate the FF ones!

Thanks for stoppping by today!  HAPPY FRIDAY!





8 comments:

~amy~ said...

oooohhhh...crossing my fingers for you!!!! Both of your cards are super wonderful!!!!!!

yahoooooo for wood veneers!!!

See you tomorrow!

Jingle said...

These are very cute!

Elise C. said...

Both of your cards are so cute! I hope that you get picked for one of the design teams! :)

Virginia L. said...

So glad that you are working on your goals and you are getting closer and closer EVERY time you try! I mean, look at you, a Stamping Royalty HM!! So keep at it, I hope your dream(s) come true!! Your cards for both challenge DT are awesome! Good luck, Katie!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Love your summery card - so sweet!

cm said...

Your drive and perseverance are so inspiring. You're already making great strides in receiving recognition, plus just think of all the learning you're undertaking in trying new things. With your positive attitude and willingness to commit, there's only one outcome: achieving your goal! Speaking of which: these cards are delightful! Definitely showcases of your talent! Thanks for sharing - and keep up the excellent work! You're a motivator!!
c

Unknown said...

Super cute and FUN cards! I'm so glad you are finding more confidence as I think you're very talented! :) Best of luck in all your new ventures in stamping :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is awesome - NEVER give up!