Monday, September 23, 2013

In transition...

Though I was sick all weekend, I am happy to report that the craft garage sale this weekend with Amy T. and Novell E. went well and I had fun! I also go to meet Kimberly W., she came and shopped an we chatted for a while.  It was just all around fun (minus the sick part)!  Thanks ladies!

Today's card is for the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger from last week-  In Transition.  Though it was hard form me to come up with a card to go along with this image, I love the picture.  It really plays tricks on my eyes and provokes me to think about where is the ending and where is the beginning and that whole philosophical concept around that.  "The only thing constant in life is change."- Francios de la Rochefoucauld. Because of the theme and concept it also fits with the TAWS Be Inspired Challenge #37.  Visually you might not get the connection, but conceptually, time and transition....very related.  OK, I've already gone down the philosophical yellow brick road with you recently so I'll leave it at that.

When I eventually did come up with an idea for the card it was pretty easily accomplished.  The image is from TAWS Stack 'em High and was stamped in overlapping fashion in multiple colors.  I then stamped the sentiment from CAS-ual Fridays with the little asterix (*).  I mounted that layer on black to give it a little more contrast so it would pop out and you and finished with the twine.  Easy Peasy and I am pretty pleased with the result.  

The Question of the Day is inspired by my daughter's recent discussions related to wanting to be a super hero...  If you could have a super power, what would it be?  When I think about it I get to wrapped up in what would be the consequences of my choice and can't decide (greatest strength/greatest weakness thing all over again.

BTW-   If I haven't visited you or your blog lately, I will and I am sorry!  I am hoping this week will be catch up week!

11 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Sounds like you had tons of fun buying crafty stuff, Katie! Hope you are feeling better! And about this TT, wow, do you ever ROCK it! Love the various colors of inking! The sentiment is absolutely PERFECT! I grew up watching Wonder Woman...I think it will be COOL :) (only if I can look that good in the outfit!!)

cm said...

Your philosophizing is engaging; I always come away impressed with how your mind works and with something to think about! Don't consider for a second that you're 'rambling' - you're just having some good chats with good friends! Your card is amazing; perfect for both challenges! My view: winner!! The super powers I'd like to have: deep understanding, tremendous, genuine kindness and creativity...oodles and oodles!! Great question...off to don my cape and craft!!
c

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow! This is a fantastic, colorful and graphic card! Thanks for joining the TAWS BE Inspired challenge!

~amy~ said...

Hey, this is a wonderful take on the Trigger!

yahooo for the crafty garage sale!

Super Hero powers..that's a tough one. I'm like you and over analyze the pros and cons of stuff :)

Unknown said...

Now THIS is super cool! What a great idea! Love the bright colors too. :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

This YAY cards, is ALL YAY for me!!
no worries about visiting my blog,

I can hardly venture out to visit either.. Sick boy, now sick husband, and my mom is coming down with it too..eeek. Well.

Super hero: I would have to fly!
I always have dreams I can levitate and I wake up thinking I can, such a cool feeling. I wish I wanted a better power, but flying, even just a little hover, so cool!

Jean said...

I think this card words wonderfully for the triggers, just wow!

Super power - I think I'd like more compassion - maybe not "super" but I can't imagine any negative consequences.

Annette Allen said...

what an awesome card.. love that cool design.. great take on the trigger..

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Love the colors on here! Beautifully done!

Kelly Griglione said...

Great mixing and overlapping, Katie! Love the black sentiment, and that asterisk adds a fun little element. I didn't know you lived close to Amy ... how cool that you got to host a garage sale with her and others!

Unknown said...

fabulous! i love the overlapped strips...the effect is like visual reverb. awesome!