Sunday, January 26, 2014

You're Swell!

It is Sunday friends!  I don't know about you but I wish I could push rewind so that it was Friday evening all over again. :)  But since I can't I'll have to try to enjoy the last moments of "freedom" before Monday work comes back.

This is a card I made this last weekend.  I was inspired by the Reverse Confetti color challenge for the month and was fortunate enough to borrow this adorable set from a friend.  I think my card has a masculine feel to it, don't you?  The colors could go either way, but maybe the shapes, plus colors, and what is a more or less CAS design for me (yeah, I know, still busy) makes it feel masculine.  

Since we are talking about masculine cards, today's Question of the Day is- what are your go-to masculine colors?

Thanks for stopping!


6 comments:

~amy~ said...

yahooo....you know that I love this card!

Masculine colors...hmmm...truthfully, masculine cards are always a challenge for me.

Virginia L. said...

You have used the color combo so fabulously, Katie! I love your take on the challenge! The tilted design is so neat! Well done!

Tracey McNeely said...

Masculine/feminine...hmmm, fabulous? Ya that's it!

Kim Heggins said...

This is too cute! I love that die and how you used it, which die is it? Your card is totally a guy card too, love those colors and your sweet little lighthouse!

wienerhoneymooners said...

This card is gorgeous!!! LOVE the sunny colors..


Manly colors for me, Prussian or Navy blue and cocoa..!

cm said...

Yes, you've created a most handsome (and pretty, I might add) masculine card! The tilted frame, lighthouse, banners: fabulous! I'm with Amy - choosing guy colours, and in fact, even making guy cards, have me flummoxed. Let's see...browns, blues and greys (sounds boring-ish, but that's where I tend to go). I'm quite liking your colours...
c