Friday, January 27, 2023

Whale of a Time

Hey there!  I am here with a another fun card featuring Rachel Anne Miller Stamps.  Being someone who loves the ocean, this is one of my very favorite images called Whale



I had so much fun making this.  I printed out the image on white Hammermill Paper. Then I used Copics to color it.  I used the following colors:

Whale: B99, B97, B32, B12, C1
Water: BG18, BG72, BG93
Boy & Clothes: E00, E02, E11, E13, YG41, YG13, Y17, Y38, B01, B02
Stars: V05, V15, Y11, Y13, YG41, YG13, FYR1, B01, B02, RV04, RV02

Once I finished coloring the images, I added some white gel highlights.  Then I used a CDD die to cut the image out.  Then I cut the top half with scissors and set aside.  Next, I used some distress inks (Monsoon, Pistachio, and Chipped Sapphire) and Yupo paper to create a background.  then I added some white ink spritzer.  After that dried, I used some distress oxide to add color where I wanted my stars and adhered them to the backdrop.  Next, I placed my image in front of the backdrop using foam tape. This entire layer was mounted on blue cardstock followed by black, which was also cut with the CDD die. 




I think this turned out very sweet and would be perfect for a child's room. 

I hope that you like it!  In case you want to pick up some images, here is a coupon for 10% off. 




2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is a sweet image and your card is amazing!

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Wow! Your card is spectacular!!!