Thursday, December 11, 2008

Candy Kabob Stocking Stuffer

These candy kabobs make GREAT stocking stuffers or small gifts for kids or friends. Better yet they are soooo easy! I am noting doing a step by step with pictures, but you don't need it.




1. Go to store & buy holiday candy (gummy kind) of your choice and wooden kabob skewers. You will also want some kind of bag to put around it, I got mine at party store, clear party favor bags.

2. put candy on from pointy end leaving enough room to tie off the bag at the top. (my bag was about 6 inches, so candy goes up 5"). This can be messy, so be prepared!

3. Using elastic cord (I used silver SU! cord) tie the bag snuggly closed to preserve and protect kabob.

4. Trim the top of the skewer using wire cutters (I didn't want a long end).


5. Using your chosen stamp (I used SU Deer Friends set and Chocolate Chip Ink) stamp image on plain colored cardstock (I used real red). Cut out with 1 3/8" circle punch. You will need to do two- one for each side.



6. Take patterned paper and punch two scallop circles. Adhere circle to scallop circles.



7. Using sticky strip on both backs of the scallop circle put on either side of the end of the kabob and adere to one another.






Wallah! A tasty treat anyone would enjoy! I would like to thank Andrea Walford for this fabulous idea!



Sorry about the late posting and the poor picture quality. I have been very sick and wanted to get this up as promised, thus I had to rush around and ended up taking the photos with my phone.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUM! Can you give me one of these now. :)