Thursday, November 26, 2015

I'll have a Blue Christmas....

First!  Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US!  I am thankful for all of YOU, local and abroad!  This crafting community is wonderful, thank you for making it so!



Onto the Challenge!

You know the words to the song Blue Christmas right?  Well I know the song is about being lonely and sad but I prefer to think a blue Christmas can be beautiful!  Looky here and see what I mean.


Wow eh?!  Yeah, it makes me happy and if I have a Blue Christmas it will be...without ...WITH YOU!  :)  


Here is my creation for the week, using both the image and the sketch.  I started with the idea of the blue embossed snowflakes (Simon Says Stamp) on white.  I was going to put them directly on the turquoise paper (SU!) but decided I needed a layer in between.  I went and found this thin and glitterific silver paper (American Crafts) and cut it to size then used the snowflake punch (Martha Stewart) to make it a bit more fancy.  Next I stamped the banner on the blue using white embossing powder and included the sentiment (Hero Arts).  Once I cut and mounted it I decided to add the silver embossed dove (Mama Elephant).  So much sparkle!

Please do stop by the Fusion blog and check out the AMAZING creations over there.  They are simply fabulous!  BUT...before you go... Two questions for you: #1  What are you grateful for?  #2- if you had to chose one single color to decorate for the holidays with, which color would it be?  

That's all today.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you for visiting!

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Katie, Love the touch of silver on your card - beautiful! I'm grateful for my family and I'd decorate with a deep cherry red if I only had one color.

SmilynStef said...

Love your fabulous fusion design ... I'm grateful for my health ... and since I don't decorate for Christmas, I suppose it would be silver, since it feels like that color could stay-up after the holidays.

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely card using the sketch Katie! Love that silver snowflake edging and the sweet dove! Happy Thanksgiving! Julia xx

sandie said...

This is such a clean and fresh design. I love the colours and that added layer of silver x

Lisa Elton said...

Such a PRETTY card Katie!! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Gorgoeus!!!!

Karren said...

This is so gorgeous, Katie! The silver punched edge really lifts everything and works so well with the turquoise and white.

wienerhoneymooners said...

I love this and LOVE it TONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jutta said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your kind comment on my blog. I followed it here and found a lot of great inspiration. Your card with the pretty pennant and banner is awesome.