Wednesday, September 26, 2018

to POSL from FLOSL

Well, it happened, my husband has become president of our HOA.  Congrats to him!   I like to refer to him as the POSL (President of Silver Lake) and our neighbors joke that I am the FLOSL (First Lady of Silver Lake).  As we (by we I mean him...) embark on our journey to make our community great again.... I thought this would be a fun card to make.  It is a bit of a joke (obviously) but my hubby truly wants to make things better, so also a congratulatory card. 



This card features images and sentiments from Trinity Stamps Lady Liberty Stamp set. I colored the Statue of Liberty in red, white and blue using my Copics.  I like the way it turned out with the stripes as her skirt.  When making this card I wanted to give it the historic Americana feel, hence the PTI start die plate and the DP behind it.  I cut a small strip of metallic paper from Crafter's Companion and placed it through the middle with he sentiment.  I finished it off with highlights and some sparkly stars. 


Here are a few more shots showing different angles and giving you a slightly closer view of Lady Liberty. 




So this may be out of season but it feels like the appropriate way to say conrats to my hubby.  I hope you enjoyed and appreciate your visit.

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Congrats to J! What a fun card! I'll have to remember to call you FLOSL!

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats to your Hubby! I like your fun card. All of those stars in the background are cute!