Friday, January 10, 2020

Ready for a Sugar Rush?

Hello!  Today is my first official post for the Whimsy Stamps Paper Door Team!  Paper door is the Whimsy Stamps Monthly kit and if you haven't checked out their kits, you are going to want to.  But the proof is in the pudding, so let me show you what I have made for today with January's  kit called Sugar Rush


UM, right?!  Isn't is scrumptious and fun and funny?!  I love the images and paper and sentiments... ok, just everything!  

I think there is so much possibility with this kit and I hope you do too.  These kits are so reasonably priced at $29.95 and include TONS of stuff.  You can scroll down for the pic, but I will tell you it has two stamps sets, a large background stamp, a paper pack with 24 double sided sheets of paper, AND the word die with accompanying shadow dies.  Wowzers!


OK, my card today is 4.25 X 4.25 and if you buy the kit you get complete instructions on how to make it!!!  But I will give you a few tips right here. 

I started with the Sugar Rush stamp, stamped it on Copic friendly paper cut to 3.75 X 3.75 and colored it with Copics.  Using a glue pen and glitter, I added sprinkles to specific portions of the images that I wanted to look sugary.  Next, I cut some of the exclusive DP slightly larger, 4 X 4, than the layer with my image.  I mounted the image on top.  Then I cut a base in turquoise paper at 4.25 X 4.25 and mounted those layers on the base.  I stamped my sentiment on a strip of the blue cardstock and then added glitter to that to emphasize the "there's no sugar coating."  I thought that was a pretty funny touch! 😉 I mounted that on the card and WAHLAH!  Sooooo sweet!

Copics: 0, C1, C3, C5, W3, BG10, BG32, B02, B05, G00, YR04, YR07, YR16, Y13, Y15, Y35, Y38, RV02, RV04, R14, R29, R35, V17, V91, E11, E25, E27, E31, E33, E35



I am so happy with how this turned out.  I think the blue is a nice touch because it makes this card that can work for a guy despite the glitter.  

My advice... snag your kit while you can, because once they are gone, they are gone and they sell out fast!  I'll be back tomorrow with more inspiration using this kit, but in the meantime... get shopping!



Thanks for visiting, I hope you enjoyed and have a great day!


1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats Katie! Your debut card is darling, love all of those yummy looking sweets!