Monday, May 25, 2020

Coffee Lovers Hop Day 5

Hello there!  Day 5 of the Coffee Loving Cardmaker's Spring/Summer Hop.  It seems to be just flying by!  I am having a good time, are you?

Today's card for the hop features Super Sponsors Miss Ink Stamps, Casual-Friday, Trinity Stamps and Whimsy Stamps.


I always love a little touch of comedy in my cards if possible and that is what I was going for here.  Hopefully you find it fun and funny. The sentiment from Cas-ual Friday's Stamps is what sells it. The Coffee Talk has tons of great sentiments.


I made this by:

  • Stamping all the images from Miss Ink Stamps, the Unstoppable Stamp Set and Java Joe's, on Copic friendly paper.  I colored them and cut them out. 
  • I made one of the palm's face the opposite direction by manipulating the stamp and then cutting out the palm fronds separately. 
  • I put those aside and used my distress ink and cloud stencil to create the sky.  Then I stamped that funny sentiment in the upper right. 
  • I pulled out some green paper and used my Whimsy Grass and Edger Cloud Die set.  I mounted that on the base and then put my scene together with mono and foam tape. 
  • It felt like it was missing something, so I added a sun by using yellow paper and die cutting from the Trinity Cloudy Day Scene Builder Die.  I used a bit of Distress around the edges. 

So that's it for Day 5.  Hope you enjoyed it. Be sure to head to the hop and join in on the fun!



Supplies Used: 


.

8 comments:

Lady Joyful said...

This is such a cute little scene!

New Creations said...

So cute!

mamawcindy said...

I love scene cards and this is so Super cute, made me smile. Happy day to you!
cindys-greencricut

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so cute! Reminds me of myself before coffee, lol.

Lisa Elton said...

HaHa, what a fun card Katie!!

Billie A said...

So cute. Awesome images and coloring. Love the scene. Love your card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic scene and so fun!

Lisa said...

This. LOL... Made my day! Awesome!