Friday, May 15, 2020

Swamp Thing

Trinity Stamps is having an IG hop today.  I thought it would be fun to post here too and share a bit more about my cards.

Here is my first card featuring this adorable little Swamp Monster.


I made this card by:

  • Stamping the images from the Hugs and Squishies set and the accompanying Hugs and Squishies Die Set to die cut them.  I used Copics to color them, added googly eyes to my monster, and then set them all aside. 
  • Next, I used the Wonky Stitched Wilderness slimline die for the background using a light blue paper. 
  • Then I cut the mountains in a light brown. I used some distress ink on it as well, a bit of brown and a bit of blue, just for fun.  I mounted them on the scene and added the snow caps. 
  • Then I pulled out Slimline Scenic Border set in green for the grass and in blue for the water.  On the water layer I used the Layered Lakeside Mountain stencil with my Blending Buddy and blue distress ink to add water movement.  It is a bit hard to see here. 
  • I cut a slit into the water so I could place my little swamp monster in.  I placed all my other elements using glue and foam tape.  
  • I stamped some flies and crew in stitched lines for the bigger bugs. I stamped part of the sentiment on the front. 
  • I mounted everything on a white base.  On the inside I stamped a few more flies, a frog and the portion of the sentiment that says "I hope it was ribbiting."
  • I paired it with a green envelope from the Slimline Rainbow Envelope Assortment. 



The googly eyes really make me happy.

Here is my other set of cards:



These two cards are bright, fun and uplifting.

Both feature Doodlebug Designs Love Notes paper and the Crafty Post Die set.
For the card on the left, I also used the Nested Heart Die set.  I also used the So Appreciative Stamps and So Appreciative Die set. For the one on the right I used Totally Amazing Stamps and Totally Amazing Dies.  For both I colored with Copics them adhered them to the card. I put the die cut images from the crafty post on a 3 3/4 X 5 1/8 white base.



Aren't they super fun?

Anyway, I hope you will join us on the IG hop.  Trinity is giving away a prize!  Thanks so much for visiting!

Supplies Used:

  





Wonky Stitched Wilderness     Slimline Scenic Border       Slimline Rainbow Envelope Assortment.


Layered Lakeside Mountain              Blending Buddy   



 Totally Amazing Stamps     Totally Amazing Dies.  So Appreciative Stamps  So Appreciative Die



                Doodlebug Designs Love Notes      Crafty Post Die                   Nested Heart Die


1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Once again there is a whole lotta cute happening here! Thanks for stopping by today with all the love ;)