Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Cuddle up

Happy Wednesday!  Yes, I am still at it, sharing Christmas Cards.  

Today's card features Whimsy Stamps and is my last official post as part of the Whimsy DT.  It has been such a fun DT to be part of, I love the team and the products.  I am sad for it to be over.  But all good things come to an end.  



  I started by die cutting the Extreme Postage die on some white paper.  Then I used some distress inks, a blending brush and a stencil to create a room.  I put a band of dark brown paper to separate the floor from the walls.  I used a straw like color for the floor but added some yellow to the ground where the fireplace would be.  The walls are made with brick and mahogany.  I added a little yellow behind for where the tree star and candle light would be.  Next, I  stamped and colored the images from the Warm Fuzzies with Copics.  I wanted to make sure there was light shine on the steps and my kitty. I cut them out using my scissors.  Then I went about adhering every thing and setting my scene.  After the layer was done, I added a layer of white behind, followed by a layer of dark red.   



Well I hope you like this scene.  I certainly do, I want to cuddle up to the kitty in front of the fire. 

Thanks for visiting!  Also, thanks to Whimsy for having me on the fabulous team!





1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

What a darling scene, this is so sweet! They're going to miss you Katie!