Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Monday Madness

I made these two cards last night and I started out with a few different challenges in mind (one was Mojo Monday and I can't even remember the other- lol!) but I didn't end up anywhere CLOSE to doing either of these challenges, totally different cards. Does that ever happen to you, you start in one direction and find yourself in a totally different direction when you finish? Well I guess that is a good lesson in life right?! No, don't worry, I am not going to get all philosophical on you. :) Anyway, here are the cards-

I really wanted to use the new Wagon Full of Fun set from the SU! Occassions Mini. It isn't officially out yet, but the are doing a sneak peak/pre-order on select sets you can check them out here- http://www.stampinup.net/uploads/fckeditor/stampinup/File/March%2009/pg11-13_Occasions_09_US.pdf. Anyway, I particularly wanted to use the wagon. I love the wagon, it is so cute. I bought this set specifically for the wagon. So the top card, is the flower from the set and I used the die cut little leaves and trimmed them to look like sunflower stalks. The grass is just layered paper with dimensionals to pop the different layers out. The clouds were made using the scallop edge punch and then I brushed the edges with balled blue and inserted the saying. And the sun is just a circle punch and then another in orange, where I used the negative image (the portion outside the circle) and cut these point to make rays.

I actually used the wagon on the second card. I stamped in brown, cut out watercolored it with different browns. The handle was just colored black and accented with a little white. The wheels are eyelets. The flower (from the cheep talk set) is stamped in brilliant blue and cut out. Again, I used a scrap from the die cut little leaves. The paper is the good morning sunshine, ribbon from SAB 09 and the button boquet. Finally (if you can see) the friendship randomly stamped across the bottom is part of a saying from wagon full of fun. I had fun with these.

So what is it with the blog candy? You dont' want to win?!?! If you do at all want blog candy, then you best click here- http://kbstamps.blogspot.com/2009/03/hooray-for-blog-candy.html and leave your comment! :) I won some blog candy today from Vicky's blog- http://www.summerthymestudio.blogspot.com/ so it DOES happen. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm here!! I'm here!! I'm here!!

Do I still qualify?? {kicking myself}

Oh and congrats on winning Vicky's blog candy!!


Char in So Cal
{scrampaddict} {at} {cox} {dot} {net}