Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oldie but a goodie




You think I am talking 'bout that truck or that stamp set? NOPE, I am talking 'bout you buddy!

OK, not really, because I didn't design this with a specific person in mind, I made it for a swap. I signed up for a b-day swap and the categories were adult male, adult female, youth male and youth female, I picked adult male. Why on earth did I pick adult male? Got me since I have no masculine sets, nope none. I wanted ideas, but I signed up to make them- duh. I guess maybe subconciously I wanted to challenge myself, and boy did I!

This card was a work in progress forever, didn't know what I wanted. I decided on the truck, from there the paper, ink and so on, last touch (after I cut out 20 trucks and colored the wheels and put highlights on!!!) was to run each black paper through with my texture plates. That was a LOT of work. I have to admit, I didn't really like the Jackpot DSP, but now I can see that with the right things, it works OK. Anyway, hope the swaps girls like 'em and those that come back are great too! :)

Ingredients:
CS: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Real Red, Jackpot DSP
Stamps: Loads of Love, Congrats (SAB ’09)
Ink: Basic Black & Whisper WhiteAccessories: SU Background I Texturz Plate, Aqua Painter (w/ white for truck highlights), Snips, Stamp-a-majig, SNAIL

Oh and I have to tell you that I got this CUTE card in the mail (see below). I was on her blog and commented about how, "I wish it was my birthday! ;)" and she sent it to me as a birthday gift even though my bithday is in June, isn't that nice!?! You can check out her blog here- http://www.trays-spot.blogspot.com/. Thanks Tracey!




One more PS- my daughter was super cuddly last night and we all felt better. Thanks to all of you who commented on my blog or sent me an email. Sometimes you just have to talk about it you know. :)

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Love your card!! And you are so very welcome for the card! So glad you received it!! :)