Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pop-up card and some swaps

Pop-up cards seem to be all the rave right now, I have seen a ton of them around. Recently I saw this super cute one on my friend Jackie's blog- http://jackiestamps4fun.wordpress.com/2009/03/22/another-pop-up-card/. I commented on how cute it was (isn't it!?!?) and said I wanted to try one soon, and so Jackie challenged me to make one. She also provided a link to her tutorial- http://jackiestamps4fun.wordpress.com/2008/03/10/happy-birthday-pop-up-card/- so basically, I had no excuse to not make one. Thanks Jackie, I needed that friendly little push! Besides, it is basically a *challenge* and I love those. ;) So, thar she blows......here is the card front.



And the inside view:

I am pretty happy with the way this turned out so big thanks to Jackie. Make sure to visit her blog for the tutorial and to see her cute pop-up cards.

Now before I go for the night, I wanted to show you some swap cards I received in the mail yesterday. This was a birthday swap, and there were 4 different categories: Youth Female, Adult Female, Adult Male, Youth Male. Here they are (sorry for some of the blurry photos):

Youth Male:

Adult Male:

Adult Female:



Youth Female


There were so many I couldn't fit them all, so from the left, Adult Female, Youth Female, Youth Male:

Now I want to point out that two of these lovely cards were made by my downline. Picture 3 with Manhattan Flowers is by Anne-Claire, so pretty! Picture 5 with Wild About You and the adorable button dies is by Denise. You can visit both of their blogs on the right under the section, "blogs I visit". They both signed up during Sale-a-bration and got a great deal and are loving it. :) You go girls!

Lastly, I just want to say thanks to all those who swapped, great cards- Cindy, Charity, Michelle L., Michelle W., Ringer, Alisha, Sharlene, Debbie, Carrie, Sherri, Judy, Sue and Colleen- THANK YOU!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Katie! I LOVE your pop-up card! The front, which I always find to be the most challening part is beyond gorgeous! I love the butterfuly inside, too! You totally rocked the challenge!

Great swaps, also!

Hugs,
Jackie