Monday, August 12, 2013

A YUMMY recipe to share

I am taking a break from the typical post to share a recipe with you today.  Little Tangles is having a Potluck Party Challenge as part of their Birthday Celebration for N&T's birthday, so why not.  I am having so much fun celebrating over there that I want to participate in it all!!!!!!!!! 

So this is one of my very, very, very favorite salads.  It comes compliments of a chain of restaurants in the Inland Northwest Area, you can check them out here.  These are just little pubs but with such good food, though, I do have to tell you it doesn't matter what I order there as long as I get this salad!  If I could order it as a main dish, I totally would!  Everyone in my family loves it, even my hubby who is a hater of all pasta/potato salad things and basically anything with Mayo!  So we hunted down the recipe and have been whipping it up on a regular basis.  Here is a yummy pic and here are the details:

ROASTED CORN PASTA SALAD
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon cooking oil
½ cup diced red onion
1 ½ cups frozen corn
4 ½ cups uncooked fusilli
1 cups mayo
1 bunch cilantro roughly stemmed
2 Tablespoons chipotle puree
Salt to taste
1)     Combine corn, onions, butter and oil and roast in a 400 degree oven until onions are translucent and tender. Remove from oven and cool in refrigerator.
2)     Cook fusilli as directed and cool under running water. 
3)     Combine cilantro, chipotle and may on food processor and puree.
4)     Mix fusilli, corn/onion mix and puree ingredients.  Add salt to taste.
NOTES
--Chipotle puree is canned chipotle peppers usually found in the Mexican section of most grocery stores.  Before using place the contents of the can in a food processor and puree well.
--This recipe is a downsized version of the restaurant version so some amount may require slight adjustments.

 


Seriously, make this and you will not be disappointed!

Stop by later for another post and the Question of the Day!

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Yum! I'm pinning this!

Ren-Yi said...

This looks mighty tasty. I think the chipotle is what did it. Thanks for taking part in our Potluck Party Challenge and for making the birthday bash event such a hit!