Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler.

Sup?!  ...Who me?... Yeah, I am good, thanks for asking. :)  Wanna check out the card I made for today's post?...  You aren't sure?...  Well check it out anyway, you might like it!  You never know until you try right?!

I know, I am a total dork....but that is why you love me! :)  During the Stamping Royalty blog hop I won some goodies and among them was this stapler and sentiment from Unity Stamps.  I saw it and immediately thought of Milton from Office Space.  You know...this guy....  "Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler."   I just laughed and laughed about that.  Being that I work in an office I get the humor and I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to take the fax or copy machine out to a field and beat it with a baseball bat!  Trust me when I tell you that paper jams *only* happens when you are pushing a deadline!  OK, calm down, I don't want to get all worked up here.... 

So anyhoo, I *had* to make a red stapler.  From there I wasn't sure where I was going but I decided to use Stack 'em High set from The Alley Way Stamps that looked like a row of staples to me.  (BTW- I won this set from winning this TAWS challenge- woot!)  I wanted to incorporate my little notebook paper die from PS and this red washi.  I decided to use a loose version of the Seize the Sketch #1 layout for my design.  I LOVE the way this card turned out.  I think it is the vibrant red against the black and grey that make me happy, not sure, but it makes me smile.  And what a fun card to give to someone to say thanks.  Meanwhile, I am also linking up to a new challenge called the Card Makin' Mamas Challenge (CMM73)- where the colors are black, white + 1 color as well as this TAWS Be Inspired 34!

I know a couple of you listed your questions on this post here and I will ask them soon, don't worry!  If someone has a burning question, please let me know by going here or by just posting it.  Today's Question of the Day is based on the opening paragraph, what is something you thought you would never like but were pleasantly surprised when you tried it?  It can be  reading this blog.... a food, an experience, whatever you want!

Thanks for stopping y'all!


10 comments:

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Your card is awesome Katie! Love it!

Sabine said...

This is totally fun :)

Virginia L. said...

Love your humor and post, Katie! And of course, your card is spot on with the staples and sentiment! The new things that surprised me was that I like the TV series "Breaking Bad" (new to me) !! It's violent yet it keeps me wanting to watch some more!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love, love LOVE office space. This is so celever and fresh, love it Katie. I actually went to comment on this before and sometimes my laptop will freeze up..Ughh


Anyways, love this so much. A coworker has a red staple screen saver, and for Christmas I will get her the stapler!!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Answer to Question of the day:

Sushi. I finally tried it in my late thirties!!! (ok I date myself I am mid 40 something' ish)

I did not know what to think. I am a "go alonger" type so when a gaggle of the office girls went to sushi, I hesitated, but said ok to follow the crowd.

To my surprise - I tried anything, and love most all of it, not only love it, I actually crave it more than any other food and must have it once a week. Went yesterday, and going today... LOL

-Kimberly

PS My faves: Seared Salmon, Raw Salmon, Shrimp Tempura Roll, Lobster Roll, Any white or pink fish cooked or raw, red tuna not so much, but if in a salad.

Okay this is TMI, but I am actually hungry... so I am obbsessing..I will go to Sushi, anywhere with anyone. (in the PNW that is, I am not sure about midwest sushi --- LOL

-Kimberly

Annette Allen said...

oh my what a fun card.. great post too.. :)

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch.

D said...

Love your card! The way you used the red washi tape is perfect. That was such an awesome movie!!!

Chark said...

adorable card! love it!

PapierGirl said...

Awesome card - love the pop of red! Thanks for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday! :)