Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Winner, Winner, Winner!

Sorry for the silence the last few days folks.  I went camping with my family and had a fabulous time.  There was a burn ban in effect, so that was a bummer, BUT we made it through some how!  The highlights were:

1. Family-love them all- even when they are annoying- wink! We had a good time together!
2. Stars- they were beautiful and amazing!
3. Hiking- we took a few fab hikes and saw sooooooo many wildflowers and the view of Mt. Ranier was AWESOME (see below)!
4.  Practicing our bigfoot calls- Yep... we actually did just for fun! I am pretty sure I heard one respond.... :)


I think this list could go on and on so I'll stop there because I have a winner to announce....

....but first, today's Question of the Day- What is your favorite memory from camping and/or vacations?

OK already, the winner is from this post-  Flashback Friday.  The answer was Napoleon Dynamite!  I have to say this is one of my fave movies of all time.  It is pretty stupid really, but the more times you watch the funnier it is.  My hubby and I even had a party one time with "tots and quesadillas" as the main entrees while watching the movie.  You have to watch it to know what I am talking about- so go watch it!

Sooooooooo...(I know you are thinking get to it already but I like to build up the suspense)....the winner is....

(Note- I used random.org but for some reason couldn't get the picture of the widget on my page.  The number drawn was #7 from 1-7- sorry!)

...Stacey Schafer, she said: 

Neapolitan Dynomite! Yes, I cheated because I had no clue! Happy for all your wins lately, Katie!

Stac- You called it Neapolitan, like the ice cream, which is totally funny, but I am still giving it to you friend!

Stacey send me your address and I'll get your blog candy in the mail! 


3 comments:

cm said...

Great to hear your camping trip was fabulous, even if a fire ban was in effect (yes, bummer!). Your Mt. Ranier photo: awesome! And speaking of mountains, my most memorable 'camping' trip was the month long trek my husband and I had in Nepal, about 6 years ago.! Plenty of amazing experiences and memories (and a couple I'd rather not think about, thank you very much). Everest Base Camp and Kala Patar = major accomplishments! As a 'stay at home' person, this went wellllll beyond my comfort zone! Anyway - glad you're back, safe and sound! Looking forward to cards when you get settled back in!
c

Chunyuan said...

beautiful picture. I have not been there yet. Will put it on my list.

Stacey Schafer said...

Yippee!!