Wednesday, October 2, 2019

The Rabbit Hole Designs- Caffeinated Owl


Welcome back to the last day of The Rabbit Hole Designs and the last stop on the hop!  It has been a fun few days in my opinion!  


Today, we have just a few more Caffeinated Critters for you and I am featuring the Caffeinated Owl




I love this little dude!  He is so cute and fun!  There are so many little bits about this card I love, the moon cup, perfect for a nocturnal creature, his grumpy gaze, the nest he is hanging out in.  It makes me happy. 


Here is how I made it:

  • Stamped my image on Copic Friendly paper and colored it.  
  • I fussy cut it out, but decided to omit the extra feathers to mix it up. 
  • Then I pulled out this scrap of DP with the moon on it, stamped my owl again, cut out the cup and added it to my colored image.
  • Next, I got out more white paper, cut it to 4 X 5.25.  
  • I used my Diamond Flower stencil and distress ink to create the background. 
  • Next I stamped the sentiment on the top. 
  • I folded my base and mounted my stenciled background.
  • I set that aside and pulled out some brown cardstock.  I used a tree branch die and repeatedly cut it and constructed the next by weaving and gluing them down.  
  • Once the nest was done, I placed my owl on the scene and tacked him down with foam tape. 



I am dying to know if you like him?  This is my fave of my three projects shared during the release (best for last!). 


Here is the hop line up in case you didn't start at the beginning: 




GIVEAWAY: To celebrate day 3 of inspiration The Rabbit Hole Designs is giving away the 3 stamp sets promoted on 10-02-19, to one lucky winner. Winner will be chosen at random from the comments left on participating blogs, so make sure to visit each stop and leave a comment. Leave comments by 11:59 pm PST 10-03-19 on all participating blogs. Winner will be announced on The Rabbit Hole Designs blog 10-04-2019.


OK, don't forget, every order placed will be eligible for a 10% discount. Discount Code TRHD2019 this code will only be accepted until Friday 10-04-2019 12:01 am PST. There are no exclusions on this code it is applicable to your whole order.


Please Note: There will not be free shipping available during the time this discount code is in effect. Not applicable to previous orders. May be used more than once. Does not apply to shipping and tax.

Thank you so much for visiting me today and hope you enjoyed the hop!


Supplies Used: 












Memory Box Branch Die





15 comments:

sharon g said...

I like how you decorated his mug. And the background is wonderful. Great job. Love the owl...

Moongirl said...

Oh that nest is perfect!

Denise Bryant said...

Love the nest and background for your owl! Awesome card!

Becca Yahrling said...

Great job on building his nest! I can tell, he loves it!! ;-)
Fabulous card.

Sue D said...

Cute owl and I like the background and how you made the nest.

Cindy Holmes said...

He sure needs some coffee! HAHA! I really love the nest that you created so cute looking! Very creative!

Lisa Elton said...

Looks like it's been a rough day in the nest!! This is fun Katie!!

Cindy Holmes said...

Love that gorgeous stenciled background! It goes so nicely with the owl!

Kathy Dippner said...

Super cute card! Love the owl on his nest and his awesome designer coffee mug.

Rose said...

love that you put her in a nest :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Love this owl in a nest, so cute!

Donna K said...

I love him...not just LIKE him! The peacock feathers background color really makes your owl shine! So cute in every way!! Time to finish my coffee...thanks for the inspiration!

MadeByMeghanK said...

I LOVE this stenciled background! Great colors!

Erika Hayes said...

ANOTHER adorable card.. and that stencil NEEDS to be in my collection. I love your blog it's so darn cute! Great ideas abound here... I am gonna follow you for sure!

Andre M. said...

Fab design for this little owl!