Saturday, November 24, 2018

A Cloche or two

Having just wrapped up Thanksgiving in the US, I am very grateful and very FULL.  Too much food.  But it is a problem that I am fortunate to have.   As I move on towards the Christmas Holiday, I hope to continue to remember my sense of gratitude and give to others.  💗

Here are a couple of holiday cards I have made to add to my collection of cards to give to my loved ones over the holiday season.  Both cards feature Trinity Stamps and have a cloche. 


For this first card, I die cut my cloche from Flora and Fauna twice.  Once in white, the second time, I cut the base in wood-grain and the top in a snowfall acetate from Crafter's Companion.  On the white base, I stamped the images from the Trinity Season's Greetings Silhouette.  I had previously die cut an MFT oval foam tape shape and used it to cut out the cloche shape in the middle and used the base portion to pop out the wood-grain base of this cloche.  I put it together and set it aside. 

Next, I pulled out this DP from American Crafts and die cut it with my Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die.  I liked this paper and how it had yellow in it, something a little different, but still a nice holiday feel.  With that in mind, I stamped the pine-cone, flower and twigs from my Trinity Winter Botanicals set and die cut them.  I added them to my Cloche for a little extra flair.  I decided to pull out a little more of the yellow by putting a base behind my DP in SU! So Saffron and then I cut a bit and stamped this sentiment form the Trinity Seasonal Sweetheart set.  Here is a close up view. 



The second card was inspired by that leftover oval foam with the cloche cut out in the middle.  I decided to make another card but as a shaker.


In this card, I die cut another oval in paper form MFT and cut out the close to match the foam sheet.  I used the leftover cloche and stamped the images on the background.  In this one I added the snowflakes from the Season's Greetings Silhouette to the background.  Once I had that background, complete with the wood-grain base, ready, I prepped my shaker by putting the layers together.  The acetate is between the top level of white and the foam layer, with the background layer being the images in the cloche and wood-grain.  Before I sealed it all up, I added some of Trinity's Expecto Patronum Confetti mix. Again, I wanted to add a little something to the base so I used the Winter Botanicals to make the holly.  I added glossy accents to the berries to give them a little shine.  
The DP behind the cloche shaker is from Authentique, the layer behind it is some glossy paper from Crafter's Companion.  Of course the Twine was the finishing touch. 


BTW- Cloche is a weird word, maybe because it is French?  I wasn't sure if the plural would be cloche or cloches?  I imagine it is cloche....  lol.

Be sure to head to Trinity Stamps for the Exclusive Black Friday deals happening through the Weekend and today only there is a bonus for Small Business Saturday!


No comments: