Saturday, October 6, 2018

Layer Cake

Good morning!  I hope you are having a good weekend. 

I have a bright and lovely card to share with you today.  One for a very special occasion. 



Isn't it lovely?!  I would eat that cake for sure!  In fact, I think if I had it now, I would.  

This card is made using Trinity Stamps Decorate-a-Cake set.  I started by creating the small square cake.  I masked each side and lined up the edges.  Once I had my small square, I masked the middle and stamped the big square cake around it.   I colored the cake with different pinks and then colored and added the roses and came back in with highlights.  I added these gold layers in between.  


I set this aside and created my backdrop with this Memory Box die.  It is 5.25 X 4, I cut it down into a square.  I stamped and die cut the sentiment and added to the top.  I came back in  added these Trinity Sprinkles.

One more angle for you.




I hope you like this card.  Thank you for your visit!

Entering this into:

The Flower Challenge #25- Add Sparkle




5 comments:

Viv said...

Hi Katie, lovely card here, thanks for sharing over at 'The Flower Challenge'...just to let you know that your card hasn't linked properly though ;) Viv DT xx

Lisa Elton said...

I like the fancy cake with the strips of gold you added! This is lovely Katie!

Viv said...

Thanks Katie, it's linked ok now ;) Viv xx

StephW said...

Saw your card on the Flower Challenge, such a sweet creation! x

TaeEun said...

I could eat the cake right now!!! What a lovely card! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!