Monday, May 20, 2019

Happy BEE-DAY

Happy Monday!  Did you have a good weekend? I did.  The weather was nice here and I spent some time on the deck, enjoying it. So it felt appropriate to make a card featuring nature. 


This card was so fun to make!  I actually colored the bugs and mushrooms on Mother's Day and the rest this weekend.  It took quite a bit of time, but it was worth it. 

Here is how I made it: 
  • Stamped and colored the bugs from Heffy Doodle with my Copics, then added some highlights with my gel pen.  I cut them all out using my Scan' n cut. 
  • Die cut a white base using amy Wonky Stitches Die from Avery Elle. 
  • Created a cloudy sky using my distress inks, stencil and blendability brushes. 
  • Die cut some grass using lawn fawn dies and colored them using distress inks. 
  • Decided I wanted a few party hats and flowers, stamped the flowers from a Lawn Fawn set and the hats from a Trinity Stamps set.  Again, cut them with my SnC. 
  • I used glue and dimensionals to put the scene together.  
  • Lastly, I came in and added the bee's flight path, the sentiment and some slime for the bottom of the snail with glossy accents. 


Here is a close up of the snail's slime trail:


I really just can't stand how cute these critters are, they make me happy!  I will probably have to hold on this one to a while until I am ready to part with it.

Entering this into:

Addicted to Stamps and More- Anything Goes








Thank you for your visit!

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What an adorable scene Katie, this is super cute!

foleysfriend said...

What a work of art! I love all the little touches you added - the party hats, the slime, the bee's flight path. I think it should be framed! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.