Thursday, May 9, 2019

Teacher Appreciation

Happy day 7 of the Spring/Summer CLC hop!  It has been going so fast hasn't it?!  I have been taking advantage of it this week, making coffee themed cards for special occasions like Mother's Day (was on TRHD blog the other day).  Today I am sharing a card for teacher appreciation week.  I plan to have my daughter give it to her teacher with a coffee card, so perfect!


We have a lot of blue and brown in our living room, my fave color, so this is modeled after that.  The chair is pretty close to our couch color. 

To make this I stamped some MFT images, colored them with Copics and fussy cut them out.  The carpet is a bit of DP cut with a small oval die.  I set these aside.  Next, I used the frame dies from Super Sponsor Lawn Fawn and added some distress ink for a bit of color.  Inside the frame I stamped a sentiment from Little Acers, again set aside.  I die cut the white and blue rectangles using rectangle nesting dies from Super Sponsor Hero Arts.  I added just a touch of light yellow Distress Ink on the background of the white layer and then stamped "Happiness is" from The Verve.   I put all the bits together and arranged the scene with various glues and dimensionals.  Lastly I mounted it all on my white card base. 


I hope my daughter's teacher likes this card.



Thanks for your visit today!

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a darling scene you've created Katie, this is fun!

Karen Letchworth said...

Darling card, Kattie Ann. Such a darling image.

Verna Angerhofer said...

A cute image and a well designed card that will surely be appreciated along with the gift card.

Esther Asbury said...

What an adorable card! I love that cute image and the bright colors you used!

~amy~ said...

awwwww...this is adorable!

Billie A said...

Fun image darling card. I love it.

Fikreta said...

this is super sweet card!

New Creations said...

Absolutely so adorable!

tonyamaries said...

Super sweet!

Hetty said...

Oh so very lovely!