Tuesday, November 12, 2019

New Beginning


Happy Tuesday!  Today I feel honored to share something from the Ellen Hutson new release!  It is such a lovely set, so lovely and inspiring!  I enjoyed making this card.  When I have a card I love, I tend to hold onto it for a while, until I find just the right person, just the right occasion. The set is the Be The Change by Brandi Kincaid. 


 Here is how I made it:
  • I cut my base to about 6X3. 
  • Then, I started by stamping the butterflies/moth's on Copic friendly paper.  Initially, I thought to use Moth type colors, light brown and this green, then I thought to mix it up with these colors.  I colored them and then used the accompanying dies to cut them out. 
  • Next, I use the Mondo Peony stamp set to add some greenery. The solid stamp, I stamped with Ink on 3 Fadeout No Line Ink.  I used my Copics to color these as well.  
  • Then I stamped the sentiment on the card. 
  • I mounted my butterflies/moth's.  
  • Then I wanted to round some corners, but I didn't have a corner rounder, so I traced around a rounded rectangle die and used my snips to cut it out. 



I just love the colors and shape on this.  It turned out well and makes me happy.  Here is one last look:




Big Thank you to Ellen's for letting me be part of this release!  So fabulous to work with this set.  I see some other's I am gonna need to purchase too!

Entering this into: 
Inkspirational- One Layer Cards




Supplies used:



3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness Katie, this is incredibly pretty! Your leaves look real and I love the colors of your butterflies!

~amy~ said...

Beautiful Katie, love the mix of sets!

Shauna said...

Wow... what a stunning card! Your coloring is beautiful and this design is perfect for a one layer. Thanks for playing at Inkspirational Challenges!
- Shauna