Friday, September 11, 2020

Hello Pumpkin

Yep, I am talking to you!  Are you ready for a cute Halloween card?  On your marks... get set... go!


Welcome Whimsy Stamps Spooky Kitties stamp set!  It is pretty darn fun, I love the images. 

To make this card, I started with my image (I usually do draw from that as my inspiration).  I stamped and colored my chosen kitty with Copics (R37, R35, R14, R08. YR15, YR04, Y35, Y38, Y15, Y02, E11, E33 E35, E44, G09, YG95, V15, C0, C1, C5, C7, blender) and cut him out.  I set him aside.  Then i worked on my background using blending brushes and distress oxides.  I used More Mustard for the Moon and a combo of Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, and Wilted Violet along with a cloud stencil.  Once the background was set, I used a little bat stamp from an upcoming release (whoops, sneak peek! Wink!).  Then I die cut some grass using the Grass and Cloud Edger dies and mounted on the background. Next, I die cut my speech bubble from the Comic Speech Bubbles set and stamped my sentiment using Spooky Kitties. I put the scene together using glue and foam tape, mounted on purple cardstock.  I added a few gel pen highlights and some star embellishments. 


Here is my close up.  Don't you just love his expression?!  

Thanks for visiting me here.  Be sure to check out Whimsy Stamps shop







1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

What a fabulous background! This is super cute Katie!