Sunday, September 6, 2020

Tropical Treasure

Happy Sunday!  Tomorrow is Labor Day in the US and I am happy to have an extra day off!  I have been very productive this weekend, lots of crafting when usually I only get a teensy bit in.  I am a slow crafter. 

Speaking of slow, I have a super fun card (that took me quite a while to make) to share today.  Still getting my summer crafting vibes out. 


Isn't it just a fun scene!  I love how it all came together to create this tropical paradise.  I used three different Waffle Flower Stamp sets for this creation- Fun in the Sun, P-arr-ty Time and Make Waves.  I also used distress inks my Blending Buddy, Stitched Frame Dies, New Leaf embellishments and Starfish Wish embellishment. The rest is Copics and fussy cutting. 


I am not sure I can express how much I love this, bright and happy.  To make it, I used distress inks on the background.  I blended them and then added white pen on the water shoreline.  I added glossy accents on the fish air bubble. then I placed my colored images on the scene with glue and foam tape. 


Here is a close up of the mouse pirates.  I feel like they are happy, about to get their treasure and drinking tasty tropical drinks.  I mean, what else is there to want/need? 


I hope you like this card and thank you for visiting!

Entering this into: Time Out Challenge









4 comments:

Joyce said...

I loved seeing your adorable summer themed card in our gallery at Time Out. I am also not quite ready to say goodbye to summer, and I would love to have a play at the beach with your adorable mice. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Lisa Elton said...

There is oodles of happiness and heaps of cuteness on this card!

sandie said...

Katie, I can see why you love it! There is so much detail here and what a fun summer scene you have made. The colours are so vibrant, the colouring superb and I love the extra touches of the white pen on the shore line and the bubbles for the fish! Thanks for joining Time Out x

Gerrina said...

Sweet and funny card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!