Saturday, February 15, 2020

Love Bug

Happy Saturday!  Not sure if you celebrate Valentines Day or not, we don't typically but we did this year.  It was fun, just a nice at home dinner with the family.  

I have a sweet valentine to share today.  One I gave my kiddo.  It features some of the brand new Lawn Fawn that is still on preorder.  I got the opportunity to use it at Creativation.  I made this card to enter the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 70. 


And here is my creation: 


Aren't these buggies soooooo cute!  And I love pairing them with apples.

Here is how I made it:

  • I had stamped the images from A Bug Deal and Thanks a Bushel.   I colored them with my Copics. 
  • I cut everything out and added some gel pen highlights. 
  • I took one of the apples and punched a little hole in it for the worm to peak out.  Note: the worm is my favorite part, reminds me of Smiley form Sesame Street. 
  • I set everything aside and found a bit of DP with clouds on it.  I put it on a cardstock base. 
  • Next, I used a Lawn Fawn grass die and colored it using distress inks.  
  • Then I set my scene up and used various adhesives to set them.  
  • Lastly, I added clay hearts. 

I hope you like it.  I had fun making it and I think my kiddo liked it.  

Supplies used: 


                                       
           
                                            Thanks a Bushel                Lawn Cuts Meadow Border               




                                          Little Sweetheart                       Candy Apple Hearts


2 comments:

Sharna W. said...

The apples were a perfect touch! So cute!

Gab said...

This is just adorable!!