Thursday, December 20, 2018

Tropical Holiday

Here in the Pacific North West typically have rain or dry sky for Christmas, occasionally snow, but NEVER hot weather.  Something about the idea of hot weather seems odd to me, but I suppose for many it is perfectly normal.  So when a friend asked me to make her a tropical holiday card, I had to think a little harder then normal.  In addition to the tropical thought, I was also inspired by the MFT color challenge:


Once I new my parameters, I picked out this darling MFT Penguin in Paradise set. I knew I wanted to make it have Christmas patterned shorts and a bright green popsicle.  Here is the card I came up with: 



Squee!  The colors are perfect with those light pink cheeks, the various colors of waves and the layers of patterned papers!  I set the little guys scene by die cutting these palm trees from Gina Marie designs and adding this layer of sand and various layers of waves cut with Mama Elephant dies.  I loved enclosing it in these recessed circles of bright red paper.  Having the palm trees peek out of the circles makes me happy.  I added this string of holiday lights and coated them with glossy accents, just like I had done with the popsicle.  Last I added the sentiment and the layers on which it sits.  


I hope you enjoy this card as much as I do!  Thanks for visiting and happy Thursday! 

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Cuteness upon cuteness!!