Thursday, June 13, 2013

My own Pinspiration


Hiya!  We've probably talked about this before but I still wanna know, do you pin on Pinterest?   I do and love it.  There are just so many great ideas on there and things I would have never thought of myself.  One of the great things about social media and the world wide web is how they connect people and ideas from all around the world!  50 years ago we would have been so much more limited in that way and so many others.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a card I made using inspiration from on photo on Pinterest.  I love the Pinspired Challenges blog, but this one is from my own boards, so I call it my own Pinspiration! :)  Here is the photo of some fun homemade chargers for the kitchen.  So easy and cute and I love the bright splashes of color...which gave me an idea, why not on a card?!

So... I took my Studio Calico/Mr. Huey Sunburst mask and moved it around and sponged with different colors of chalk in just like in the photo.  Then I wanted to add this cute little birdie image from Neat and Tangled.  This is a digi image free from their site.  I have ordered my first set from them and eagerly awaiting the arrival but wanted to have some playtime so downloaded the digi.  I then added my bling and woodchip clouds and there you have it.  This was a super quick and easy card to make and I think the brightness and fun would brighten someones day.  Of course, I have to submit this to the Little Tangles Challenge #14- Just Say Hello.  :)

Anyway, I'd love to hear about your Pinterest experience, what you pin and have you send me your link or profile name so I can check you out...I may need to follow you!  If you want to follow me, my scrapbook/card inspiration board is here.

Happy Thursday!

UPDATE- I am entering this into the Let's Get Trendy Now 3 Neon Challenge!
`

14 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Love your card and the inspiration! I'm loving Pinterest more and more all the time. I'm a list maker b/c I have no memory. My motto is, "If it's not on a list, it doesn't exist." Pinterest is just one big list of images!

Jingle said...

This is a super cute card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! KA-- this is just toooooo cute! LOVE that little birdie and your inspiration is FAB! LOVE the colors and how you used that as rays! FAB FAB FAB:)

Samantha Mann said...

super cute!! you're right! those blocked/colored rays transfer PERFECTLY onto cards!! awesome!! i saw your card from the little tangles challenge blog and had to come say hello and tell you what an awesome card this is! :)

Jean said...

Great job on creating from that inspiration image! Cute card.

Erica said...

Cute!! I just saw your comment on my sting art post. I am thinking maybe you could use brads in place of the nails and just use some embroidery floss. Great idea to translate the idea to a card!

Charlene B. said...

Oh this is such a happy card! I just love how you colored the bird and created the background.
Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles.

Pamela said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the Neat & Tangled stamps!! Which set did you get?

And love the added wood veneers to your card!

June Houck said...

Super sweet card! Terrific N&T stamps, yummy wood veneer, and baubles of color add more fun dimension.

I haven't spent as much time on Pinterest as I should, but I have been inspired by books, decor, recipes, and craft ideas there too.

Thank you for joining us at Little Tangles!

~amy~ said...

cute combo of goodness!!!!!! Love how you were inspired and how come I wasn't following you on pinterest before??!!! I am now!

Thanks for playing with us at Little Tangles!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Super sweet! Love your card!!

Unknown said...

SO clever!! I adore your card, but to see how you were inspired is so cool! Perfect interpretation of the pattern and the wood veneer elements are perfect. So sweet!! Thanks for playing with us at little tangles challenge :)

yyam said...

Love how you were inspired by Pinterest. This is the cutest card!

Thank you so much for joining us at Let's Get Trendy Now!3.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So adorable! Thanks for playing along with Let's Get Trendy 3!!!!