Monday, March 17, 2014

More tissue paper fun with Top Dog Dies

So, how was your weekend?  Mine was good.  We went for a walk around the Mercer Slough for the first time.  It is a great wetland and wildlife area.  There is also an adjacent blueberry farm (YUM), we'll be going there in late summer to pick. :)

Today I want to share another card that I made with tissue paper and Top Dog Die Bella Doily.  I cut the doily from bright purple tissue.  I mod-podged the down.  What I like about this is that you can still see the bright color of the tissue but you can see a bit of the black through it, the transparency is apparent.  I stamped the floral form ME on a lighter shade of purple and embossed it white.  The sentiment is also from ME.  I added some bright green bits from the Leafy Flourishes Die to add more greenery.  Finally, I smudged around for the chalkboard look and finished of with some bright Orchid sequins from Neat & Tangled.

Entering into:
Shabby Tea Room #210- Anything Goes
Sketchbook Saturday #117


Thanks for stopping, I hope you have a great day!

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

WOW! You are totally rockin' the tissue paper! This is AMAZING.

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card, I LOVE the purple!! Awesome technique!

cm said...

Beautiful card, Katie; the combination of the die and tissue paper is soooooo eye-catching. Yep - awesome technique and awesome result!
c

Charlene said...

So pretty!!! Love the tisue paper, I will have to try this!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so pretty!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Katie, not sure if you have been awarded this before, check out this link and let me know!!! http://wienerhoneymooners.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebsterwhat-really-me.html
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

LOVE this creation!!!!!

Simply Shaz said...

Lovely card :)
Thanks for joining in with us at the shabby tea room.
Shaz x

Noelle said...

so pretty! Loving that purple!! :) *hugs*

Heidi Gonzales said...

Ooohhh!,,, Love it! I have been eyeing the Bella Doily, now I know I want it! Very cool technique with the tissue paper. Thanks for joining us this week in The Shabby Tea Room!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Lovely, colourful, artsy with a wonderful sprinkling of technique! Superb creation, thanks for sharing!