Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Colour Me #69 & HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

TWO SUPER HUGE and fun things to celebrate today.   

#1- COLOUR ME card challenge!  

#2- A BIRTHDAY BLOG HOP for Kimberly Wiener!  WOOHOO!  Scroll down to see those details. 

Here goes...............
____________________________________________________________________

#1 COLOUR ME card challenge. 

 This week you get to pick a "team" and play along to see which one wins.  Here are the team choices:



Which will you pick?  Team Tara or Team Haley?!?!  So hard to choose!!!!

I went with Team Tara this week.  We used Cajun Craze, Hello Honey and So Saffron.  This creation features Hambo Stamps digi and sentiment.  The papers are SU! with some Studio Calico DP.  I can't recall the embossing folder (frown) but I pushed the saffron circle through so hard, it shredded the edges a little and made strips, I liked the effect, so I kept it that way.  The dragon is colored with a mix of Copics and SU! markers. I added some American Crafts Hearts for my final touch!


There is more fun over at the DT blogs and on the Colour Me blog!

Katie Brooks  (that's me!)

I hope you will come play along with us. 

#2- Birthday Blog Hop for my Wonderful Friend Kimberly! 

We have a hop line up and you should stop and comment on each of the blogs below.  The last stop on the hop is Kimberly's blog where you should stop and wish her the happiest birthday.  Those that comment on all (especially Kimberly's) will be entered to win a $15 Butterfly Reflections Ink Gift Certificate.  Here is the hop list:

Katie (YOU ARE HERE)

 I made this card for this super special lady because she is EPIC and as it says, she is, "the stuff of Legends!".    Kimberly is one fabulous friend!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIMBERLY!




32 comments:

Tanja said...

this dragon is just adorable - super cute card

Lisa Lara said...

Oh so cute Katie.

tonyamaries said...

Super cute Katie! I love the strips on the circle!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Oh !!!!!!!!! I have the best crafty friends EVER!!! And you are one of the very sweetest!!!!!!! Hugs Katie!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Ps I Adore this fun fiery dragon card!!!!!!! You always make the funnest unexpected cards, I love it!!! B

Rubeena I. said...

Super cute!! Happy Birthday, Kimberly!!!

AJ Bodine said...

Good color choice, although both schemes are gorgeous! What an adorable card you've made! Those stamps are super cute, I'll have to check that company out!

Lisa Petrella said...

Adorable card with a fantastic message!!

Laura Norris said...

What a fun card Katie! Love the cute dragon!

Kristie Goulet said...

GREAT card for Kimberly! Super cute dragon!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Katie! Love your magical creature and cute composition!! I told my student this morning I would turn into something like this dragon if he didn't focus...green horns, steam from my nostrils and ears, a tail with spikes.... the things that work with kids, I tell ya!!! We had a good laugh but he hopped right to it. Anyway, hope you are well and that we can connect in real time soon!! Glad we could do this hop together!!! Xo

Jenny Engelke said...

Well, this is about the cutest little dragon I've ever seen! I love his coloring...great job! The polka dot background makes your card fun too!

maria f. said...

And you nice ladies are certain to help make her day legendary!

Lisa Elton said...

That little dragon is adorable, what a fun card!! Terrific bday card too!!

Helen F. said...

Super cute card for Kimberly! Fun image and design, Katie

Shelly said...

Such a SWEET card!

dstandard said...

What a fabulous card! Too cute - love the dragon!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Ok, that little dragon is the cutest thing ever! I love the effect the embossing folder gave on the circle - glad you kept it :)

Karen Steele said...

Love the card Katie - cute little dragon!

~amy~ said...

Yay! What a FUN card, love the colors and that dragon is so cute! Perfect sentiment! Love the cork hearts too!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

How cute is your dragon! Those warm colors make an inviting card that Kimberly will love!

I Card Everyone said...

Darling dragon, fabulous friend! Yay!
=] Michele

Mary Holshouser said...

the little dragon is so cute - though he might not want to be.
Darling card.
thanks for helping Kimberly celebrate her birthday.

Michele K. Henderson said...

Great little dragon card! I like that color palette too!

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable Dragon!!! Kimberly will love!

SugarGem said...

Super cute little dragon! Lenae

Laura Norris said...

Sorry we missed you at Amy's! Hope things worked out okay!?!

stampwithsandy said...

LOVE this, Katie! Your dragon is magically delicious!

Unknown said...

Your sweet card made my son all kinds of happy! He is a HUGE fan of dragons :) Awesome job!

cm said...

Fabulous card for our sweet Kimberly...that dragon is just way toooo cute!
Hugs~c

Kelly Latevola said...

Such a sweet monochromatic card. Love those hearts!!

Deepti said...

Awww this guys is so adorable :)