Saturday, February 25, 2017

Spring

Happy Saturday friends!  Just popping by today to share this lovely bloom.  I don't know about you but I am ready for spring and this pretty peony from Essentials by Ellen (designer Julie Ebersole), really puts me in the mood.


For this card I used my Zigs and watercolor paper to color the boom and leaves.  Once done I fussy cut it out. You might have thought that would be totally eliminated from my life after getting the Scan n Cut, but nope, I still like to do it now and then.  I used The sentiment from Avery Elle.  The backdrop is a piece of Vellum that I ran through with a We R Memory Keepers embossing folder.  It looks so nice with the white background, the color jumps off the page.  Then of course some enamel dots.  

Entering this into: 


and of course THD Challenge as a DT Member. 



Thanks for visiting!


9 comments:

Marina said...

Lovely colour and texture.

Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

cm said...

Your peony is gorgeous in its "nearly" solo performance on the stage! Vibrant and eye-catching! So thrilled you shared this over at INK; hugs are one of the best ways to connect!
Hugs`c

Shauna said...

Wow... that flower is stunning! Beautiful coloring and cutting! Also, how clever to add texture by embossing the vellum. It looks great!
Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

jen said...

This is incredibly beautiful!!! I love it!

tonyamaries said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this Katie!! Awesome job!

Lisa Elton said...

PRETTY card Katie!!

SugarGem said...

This is gorgeous. Wow

~amy~ said...

So pretty Katie. The bloom is WOW.

Gwendolyn said...

Its nice and relaxing sometimes to still fussy cut isn't it, instead of switching on the computer, scanning our images...I love how you coloured the flower and added the sentiment in the flower, nice touch!