Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Stand Tall

Welcome to Tuesday!  I have a set of beautiful cards for you today that I made for some beautiful friends.  

It isn't often that I buy wood mount stamps anymore, but every so often I go into my local stamp store Impress and find some that I can't pass up.  This bloom is just such a stamp. 


This first card features the bloom stamped and watercolored with my Spectrum Noir Aqua markers. I let it dry and cut it out.  I cut some leaves out using the Hello Bluebird Leaf dies and added color to them using my distress inks.  The sentiment is from an Essentials by Ellen (Julie Ebersole) set, and felt like the perfect sentiment for my friend.  I hand drew the faux stitching around the outside and added some sequins. 


The second version of this card I used the same bloom and colored it with my Copics. The leaves in this one are slightly different but colored using the distress inks.  The sentiment is from the same set.  I liked how the blue paper set off against the yellow. The background is a MFT die plate.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I thank you for visiting!


2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You can't beat a good wood block stamp can you! This was a great purchase Katie, what a beautiful bloom. Your cards are amazing!

~amy~ said...

Love Love Love