Sunday, April 21, 2019

CLC and Honey Bee Stamps

Happy National Tea Day!  Coffee Loving Cardmaker's and Honey Bee Stamps are collaborating to have a fun blog hop that you are sure to enjoy!  We have prizes of course, but I will share that for later on in the post. ;)


You should have arrived here from the amazing Helen Gullett's blog. 

I have two cards for you today both featuring Tea Time stamps and dies and Perfect Blend Stamps and Dies.  Here is card #1- 


For this card, I started with a kraft background.  Then I die cut this blueprint type die in this bright and fun colored paper.  I popped out 3 of the 4 squares and left the 4th and placed it on the craft paper.  I set it aside and then I die cut the Tea word from a few different greens and put them together.  In the center rectangle I placed the die cut word Tea there then stamped the remainder of the sentiment in brown.  Next I stamped and colored the images using my Copics and then die cut them and placed them on my card.    


For card two, I used my Twisted Citrus distress inks, blending brushes and a stencil to create the light green spotted background. I stamped and colored the images with my Copics, die cut them and placed them on the card. I loved stacking them together and stamping the sentiment below.The strawberry is from the Mae the Mouse set. You'll notice that I used twine to create the string for the tea bag.   Lastly, I added a small flag in the upper left corner using some yellow stripped DP.  I seem to have a thing for yellow at the moment. 💛



Hope you enjoyed your visit here!  Next up on the hop is the fantabulous Dana Warren's blog!

Don't forget, there are prizes.  Winners will be picked from across all participating blogs, the more you comment, the more chances to win....

Prizes-  Honey Bee is offering two $30 Gift Cards!  Commenting open until Friday, April 26 at 11:59 pm and a winner will be announced on both the CLC + HBS blogs on the 27th. 

Thanks for you visit today. 

56 comments:

~amy~ said...

These are perfect! Always love your use of bright colors Katie!

Shari Dancer-Thomas said...

Looks yummy!

Sherry Butcher said...

Love Hug in a Mug! thanks for the amazing inspiration!

A.Rose said...

I simply adore your cards. The hard lines and bold coloring ate magnificent! These stamps are going on a wish list for sure!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are both super cute, love that chocolate covered strawberry

MadeByMeghanK said...

Both are darling! I love how you did the "tea" in two shades of green!

creative lady said...

Yummy...your cards look good enough to eat what’s on them.

Lisa said...

Thanks Katie, now I need a croissant AND a cupcake! Loving both your cards, especially the windows on the first and your coloring is just perfect!

Debbie Rumpza said...

I love both of your cards... that croissant is making me miss gluten!

KLancaster said...

Pretty cards!

Lee said...

lovely cards!!

Lori Kobular said...

Two lovely tea cards! I love the one with the bright yellow frame die! Happy Tea Day and Happy Easter!!

Kate said...

Cute cards!

Christine said...

Your coloring is gorgeous, and I would be looking for a croissant If Easter dinner hadn't been so wonderful! Beautiful work!

Hetty said...

A set of beautiful cards, Kathie.

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty coloring on your cards! Love the designs! Happy National Tea Day and Happy Easter to everyone!

Cynthia Cole said...

Both cards are lovely!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Super sweet cards...great coloring!

Becca Yahrling said...

Super sweet - and yummy! - cards.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Happy tea day! Love your darling creation!

JessicaK said...

Very cool layouts and love the cut out windows

Ginger said...

Excellent coloring and great cards!

Sue D said...

Cute tea cards. I like the kraft background on the first one.

Kristina "Tina" said...

Very pretty realistic coloring! Plus great photography capturing these! Very lovely.

sharon g said...

I want to go to tea at your house--these are so cute

Lisa Byers said...

Everything looks delicious, your coloring is amazing. The background is perfect.

JMN said...

Thank you for sharing on this wonderful Blog Hop....your cards are beautiful.

Jean said...

Darling cards!

Shari Czerwinski said...

Lovely cards! Great set!

Tricia A Podmore said...

What beautiful cards and how fun for someone to receive. Your color palettes are gorgeous and so cheery. Appreciate your sharing of your talents and inspirations.

Andre M. said...

Fab color choices on these sweet cards. Thanks for sharing this inspiration with these fun products.

Leslie Kiley said...

Wonderful. cards…thank you for sharing on this Blog Hop.

rckymtgrl said...

Love the bright yellow card stock. Such a great pop of color.
Thanks for the tea.

Kelsey Thomas said...

Awesome cards!

Barbara said...

So very cute. Wish I had a croissant right now! LOL!

Rose Mary Smalley said...

Such a cute bunch of cards along this blog hop today. Whether it is Tea or Coffee....I think that those are always shared when I have company, or when friends are here crafting with me. I am a coffee and tea drinker, and have many stamps to represent them. Thank you for sharing your sweet cards today...have a great week.

Julie from NZ said...

I love both your designs. The one with the cupcake is my favorite. Thanks for the inspiration.

ljcasselman said...

Love your creativity!

connie said...

cute cards. love your coloring

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Such pretty cards. Great coloring. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Lisa Elton said...

Bright, happy and cute! Terrific cards Katie!

B. Poteraj said...

Nice coloring of the tea mug and things. And the croissant looks really good!

The Scrapbooking Queen said...

Love the little bun it looks good enough to eat.

Cindy Macias said...

My kind of dessert or snack to go with tea or coffee! Love the bright colors, now that stands out! And the second card, I like how it’s centered with everything! Hungry again! Thanks!

VanessaB said...

Two awesome cards! love the look of the grid and then the beautiful collage of tea goodness. beautiful!

Christine BK said...

Hi Katie!!! Your kraft card is jaw-dropping and stunning- it is absolute perfection!!!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! I'm totally in love for your gorgeous cards! Amazinmg layouts and colouring!!!

Allie said...

Gorgeous, vibrant, and bright! Love your colouring, Katie!

Helen said...

Great cards, Katie! I love the bright, happy kraft card! So eye-catching! Thank so much for sharing and the inspiration.

Surekha Galagoda said...

Love both your cards and coloring. Love trhe set too.Hugs

Lucy E. said...

These are both fabulous
cards! I love all of the bright
colors.

Connie said...

Wow Katie! Your cards are so fresh and downright stinkin' cute! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Judy Markowitz said...

Love your projects! And they are showing off the new release beautifully!

Cindy C. said...

Both so sweet and cute!!

Alison said...

These are so adorable! I love your cheery colors and style.

Helen Gullett said...

They are super sweet, Katie! Love them.