Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Advanced Technique Club's September Meeting

Just wanted to share my most recent cards with you. These are for next weeks Advanced Technique Club. Normally, I don't show them ahead of time, BUT, I allow my girls to bring a guest and they wanted to show what we were making to entice their friends, so I had to share with my girls. Hey, if they know, you might as well too.


This first one is a halloween card that uses sponging as the main technique. I used it to create clouds, but you could use this to create all kinds of backgrounds. I like the look of this card with the DSP behind it.

Next is a fall card. to make this card I used Emboss resist and a brayer. What a fun toy the brayer is! I haven't played with it much but will be doing more of it for sure! I originally learned the technique from Andrea Walford. You can find her tutorial here- http://andreawalford.com/?p=672


Supplies:
Card 1- Halloween
Stamps- Scary Skeleton
Paper- Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Whisper White and Cast-a-spell DSP
Ink- Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories- Scallop Circle Punch, Sponge, Circle Punch, Black embossing power, Oval Punch, Pumpkin Pie Ribbon

Card 2- Thanksgiving
Stamps- Falling Leaves
Paper- Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Kraft
Ink- Really Rust, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Close to Cocoa, Versamark
Accessories- Sponge daubers, Clear embossing Powder, Brayer, Ticket Corner Punch, Dusty Durnago Polka Dot Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie - I LOVE the first one a lot. What a super cool sky! I'm going to have to try that. I also like the fall card - just love those colors and those cute little leaves!