Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Random

Today's post is just an assortment of random cards that I have made in the last week or so. They are fun. you can tell I am not ready to give in totally to the fall/winter colors.

First I have a card for a small shoe box swap I participate in with my Secret Sister Group. For those who don't know, a shoe box swap is a where you design a card (or card front) and cut the supplies for everyone else to make one. Everyone in the group does the same so you all get to make one another's cards they designed. In the end you get to go home with a bunch of different cards made by you and maybe you learned a new technique, used a new product, or did something you wouldn't have thought of- it's fun. My card was a holiday card but made with some non-traditional colors- whisper white, pretty in pink and sage shadow. I used the new impressions folder Petals-a-Plenty and the brushed my pretty in pink pad across the top to ink up the raised portion of the card. All supplies will be listed at the end. (I will post other cards from the shoebox swap later in the week. )

The next are some thank you cards I made up for those who completed my online survey. I sent them this card made with the Very Thankful Ronald McDonald House SU! set. I also sent them a stack of images stamped on white that they can color or make into cards, or whatever.


Finally, the last is a baby card. I made a small stack of these and am working on making more of this and others to put up in a local baby store for sale. The pea pod idea was CASEd from Holly Jones, another SU! demo. It is actually a leaf die but she was brilliant in thinking it looked more like a pea pod! I agree, so I went for it. Very fun. :)


Supplies
Card 1: All SU!
Stamps- Sweet Season & Patterned Pines
Paper- WW, Pretty in Pink, Sage Shadow CS
Ink- Sage Shadow & Pretty in Pink
Accessories- Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder, Organza Ribbon
Card 2: mostly SU!
Stamp- Very Thankfull
Paper- Whisper White (WW), Kiwi Kiss (retired), Card base (non SU!)
Ink- Basic Black
Accessories- Ticket Corner Punch, Prismacolors Pencils
Card 3: All SU!
Stamps- Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper- Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Rich Razzleberry CS, Cottage Wall DSP
Ink- Rich Razzleberry
Accessories- Celery Ribbon, Linen Thread, 1/2" circle punch, uniball signo gel pen, dimensionals, Leaves #2 Bigz die
Thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget to enter to win blog candy above!

2 comments:

mollycoddler said...

I love the gingerbread card. Is that from an SU! stamp set? Lovely card! And the peapod is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Cute cards, Katie! Love the pea pod one!