Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Power of the letter P

Did you notice that 3 of the 5 new in-colors start with the letter P?  Yep, Pear Pizzaz, Peach Parfaitt and Poppy Parade.  The other two, Concord Crush and Blushing Bride could have easily been something like Purple Port and Pleasantly Pink.  All the names Stampin' Up! has chosen are so very appropriate and I love them.  The one I love the most though, is Poppy Parade.  I read or think of this and I am automatically transported into a field filled with red poppy's!  So lovely!  They really hit the nail on the head while naming this color and I find it to be my very fave of the new in-colors.

Last night after my Peanut :) went to bed, I wanted to make something with this color.  I had seen Mercy's sketch earlier in the day and decided to play with that, it looked really fun.  For my card, I wanted to keep that playfull feeling, so I used the new Playground DSP and the new stamp Set Greeting Card Kids.  This was a fun card to make and I just love how bright it is!

I have one more thing to show you today.  I got a belated b-day present in the mail from my good friend Krista in Minnesota.  OK, here it is.  Now do you know WHAT it is?   No?!  Once you know what it is you'll think, "Duh, why didn't I see that!" :)  I'll give you  a hint...it has something to do with geography... It is comfy...it is very creative and a very loving gift.  It is a Washington shaped pillow (with a heart in Seattle) holding hands with a Minnesota shaped pillow (with a heart in Minneappolis).  We may be far apart, but our friendship spans the distance.  Isn't that sweet?!?!  What a creative woman she is and so thoughtful.  I miss her terribly and wish I could see her more, but we make do.  But now I have this silly gift to cuddle up next to and think of her.  We are quite the Pair, must be cosmically linked somehow ;) as we do many things in Parallel much of the time even thought we are Parted.  Thanks KK, I love you!  HUGS!

Thanks for stopping by today and your letter to play with today is P! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Katie! Love, love, LOVE your card! What a great take on the sketch, but just so darn cute!

Love the pillows, too!