Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm Ba-ack!

Did you think I was never coming back?  Well you are not so lucky, I am here.  I have been very busy with work, outside obligations and more.  Not to mention that I had misplaced my camera cord for about 1.5 mos.  I finally found it though and am soooo happy about that.  I didn't really want to go through all the online ordering from the camera company for a new one.

So not that I am here I am not sure what to update you on since it has been so long and so many things have happened... my little girl got her first stitches, we took her on her first camping trip, I took a trip to visit one of my BFF's in MN, the summer in Seattle is making me depressed, etc....so I won't, I'll just give you my card and the process by which I made it.

This card was for a friend's wedding shower at work.  Her wedding theme is blues and some green's and some hydrangeas (her fave).   This card, was fun and took me quite a while to make.  It is 6X6, I usually make work cards this large so the whole office can sign them.  Obviously, I found some beautiful hydrangea DP which is what inspired me.  I ran the Marina Mist through my Elegant Lines embossing folder.  For the center hydrangea I used my Because I care stamp set from SU!.  I stamped it with brown Staz On onto some watercolor paper.  I then took various blue and green inks (Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Ballet Blue, Pacific Point, Certainly Celery, and Wild Wasabi)  starting and applied them with my blender pen.  I started with the lights and went to darks until I was satisfied with the colors.  Then I used some blue and grreen stickles to highlight a few areas on the flower.  Once all was dry, I cut it out, tied a little twine around the bottom and assembled the card. 

In conjunction with a few other crafts that were made for the shower, it was cute and fun.  She liked the card and I hope you do too.

Thanks for stopping by!

 

1 comment:

Tib said...

I was just thinking about you and your craft card ways the other day.

xo