Friday, January 24, 2014

Through the Woods

What do you think of when you are in the woods?  Me, I picture myself, walking through the woods.  Calm and serene with a stream trickling over rocks somewhere. Above me, the birds chirping and the squirrels chattering.  Ahead of me is a clearing, and as I walk into the meadow I find a rainbow of wildflowers and a doe with a fawn nibbling the grass on the other side.  Pretty darn peaceful  to think about. This is the vision that inspired today's card for this week's Cut-it-up Challenge Blog.  I used two dies, one is a border die from SU! and the leaves and tiny butterfly are from Simon Says Stamp.

Now... I encourage you to find your version of Through The Woods for CIU.  You can make it whatever you want but you need to incorporate wood in some way (you can see that my chevron paper is wood grain).  Of course you also need to use a die cut to qualify and follow the CIU blog.  You can view the full rules here.



Should you choose to join us (and I hope you do!) there is a prize up for grabs!  A stamp set of your choice for Scrappy Moms.


Again, be sure to check out all the DT's amazing inspiration over at the Cut-it-up Challenge Blog.  You have until Feb. 5th to come play along.

I had the pleasure of crafting with a couple of my friends last weekend, Kimberly Wiener and Amy Tsuruta.  It was so fun and this weekend I get to see my girlfriend Sarah D.  Today's Question of the Day is- what are you plans for the weekend?  

Happy Friday!!!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking me on a walk through the warm woods this morning. It's zero degrees here in Virginia right now!
Your card is so pretty. The embossing reminds me of a soft breeze.

Evelyn

~amy~ said...

Love the woodgrain chevron panel...excellent. I keep forgetting to post that picture of us! Have a super weekend!!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your card Katie and the scene you laid out in your mind sounds wonderful, it is freezing cold here and your vision sounds lovely. After a busy week I am hoping this weekend is crafty. DD is studying for a Biology final on Monday so things should be quiet, maybe a couple runs out for study snacks! Have a great weekend! xoxo

Deepti said...

This is stunning, I love the cluster of flowers :) so lucky that you bloggie friends were able to spend some crafty time together

Migdalia said...

A Fabulous card! Awesome job!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Rose said...

beautiful card :) i love your thoughts on the woods!!! me, ticks popped into my head first thing!! lol

what a fun crafty time you had!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Ahh, your die skillz are to DIE for my girl!!! MAD SKILLZ!!! I should have done some Die cutting when I had the chance, your goodies are awesome on Top Dog I took a peek over there and have a wish list going!!!

My plans, get some organizing done. I bought a few more baskets for stamp sets and they are cute, so hopefully it will inspire me to get on it!!

Have a great weekend Katie, It was such a great time hangin' out with you guys!!!

Joyce said...

Your card is fabulous, and what fun you h ad with your crafty friends. I would love to meet these gals too.

cm said...

Your peaceful, lovely woodsy scene...sighhh. Your wood-grain and flower card...sighhh again! Wonderful visit this morning, for the imagination and for the eyes! My weekend: we've traveled to the 'big city' to visit my folks and especially, to spend time with my niece and nephew! Excited!!
c

Kelly Griglione said...

Love your narratives, Katie! I was right there walking through the woods with you : ) Awesome card! And, how fun that you got to meet up with Amy and Kimberly. Good times!!

Life and Knits said...

Katie this is so awesome!!

Love that chevron paper!

Susie

June Houck said...

Wonderful woodgrain chevron, die cut leaves, and pretty bunch of flowers. Beautiful card, my friend!