Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Tuesday Two-fer

Hi friends!

Today I have quick post and two cards for you. 

The first card is yet another for the Spring/Summer Coffee Lover's Hop.  This sweet girl is living life to the fullest and floating in a pool of coffee!


The image is from Love Cynthia, I colored with my Copics and highlighted with a gel pen.  I die cut her out and set her aside.  Then I used some glossy paper and a brown Copic refill to create the fluid look behind her.  Once it was dry, I die cut it using Super Sponsor Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die (easily my #1 used die).  The sentiment is from Super Sponsor Miss Ink.  I mounted all the layers together and added my girl on top and viola!



Next up is a Bday card for my wonderful Hubby!

This bad boy is a BEER shaker card.  Men are so easy, beer... lol.  Meanwhile, you say stamps and I start salivating. :)




This 4.25 X 4.25 card was made by stamping the image from Power Poppy on the Saffron paper and coloring it with Prismacolor Pencils and some gesso.  I used an Avery Ellev Burst Die Elements to create the front layer of the die cut, which I did in a cream color.  I used a layer of acetate in between, mounted with foam to add shaker space and added some tiny star sequins in the middle.  Then I added some twine and another stamp from the PP set that I colored with my Copics.


It is a bit hard to see with the glare from the acetate, but you get the gist. 



I hope you enjoyed both cards today and thank you for stopping by!

Inky Hugs!

11 comments:

Fikreta said...

this is so cute!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh my -- what a clever idea....floating on a doughnut in a pool of coffee! So cute!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful coffee design. Love the splash of color in the background.

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh heaven to be able to just swim in coffee; drink as much as you want. haha
What a life! And a super cute card. As well as the shaker - love it!! The
perfect masculine card.

Karen Letchworth said...

Darling artwork, as always, Katie.

Lisa Elton said...

Playing catch up Katie and enjoying everything I've missed! The card with the watermelon slice is my favorite!

Billie A said...

So cute. Great creations

~amy~ said...

Love your girl floating on coffee, so clever.
Dude, he's going to love that fantastic card...please tell him Happy Birthday from me :)

New Creations said...

Both are so gorgeous!

tonyamaries said...

Love both of these! Wishing your hubby a Happy Birthday!

Hetty said...

Wow, these cards are beauties!