Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Kids Crafting Challenge

Hello!

This week on the Trinity Facebook Imagination, Inspiration and Conversation page we have a fun Kiddo's Valentine's Challenge happening.  The rules are simple:

  1. 1- Use at least one Trinity product.
  2. 2- Craft with a loved one- child (any age!) or fur baby (2 of our DT crafted with their pets)
  3. 3- Share on the Trinity Page
  4. 4- HAVE FUN!

This contest will run from yesterday until 5pm EST on Feb 13th because we will be awarding the winner a $20 gift card to the Trinity Stamps Store on February 14th!!! Happy Valentine's Day!

OK, I got crafty with my kid last weekend and here is what we made:


I made the big card in the middle and my kiddo made the two smaller cards.  I helped her a teensy bit, but she designed and even drew them out before executing.  She really loves to draw.  



S used Monster Love Stamps and Monster Love Dies to make these cards.  She colored them with Copics, which is a treat for her.  I helped her decide where to put the shading.  She die cut the rainbows and clouds in various shades of cardstock using the Rainbow Die Set.  After that she die cut the DP from the Doodlebug Love Notes Pad using the Slimline Frame and Fold die.   She mounted on white or black cardstock (or both).  For the one on the left she wrote in her sentiment and used the word "Monster" from the Sending Hugs die set. She also used the hearts from the Monster die set and the sentiment to give the right one a heart.


This one is my card.  I used the same Monster Love Stamp and Die set, colored with Copics to match the paper.  I used the Doodlebug Paper and die cut a heart from the middle using the Nested Heart Dies.  I cut another smaller heart in blue to put in the backdrop of the base.  I mounted the DP layer using foam tape so it would pop out.  Then I added my monster in the middle.  Next I die cut the pink strip also from the Sending Hugs die set.  I stamped my sentiment on top using the Love and Stuff sentiment set. The last thing I did was add the "with love" die cut in black which comes from the Narrow Card and Bookmark die set.

So, isn't that fun!  My kid and I sure think so!  We had a great time crafting together (when I wasn't trying to be overly helpful- wink).

Hope you will join us for the challenge and thank you for visiting!







1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

You and your kiddo make a great team Katie, these are terrific!